Nico Kovac

Status
Not open for further replies.

I take heart with any link that isn't Pereira or Moyes, the further away from those two the better. With the level of risk involved, most particularly Pereira. Hopefully that is nothing more than fake news.

There will probably be an issue with whoever gets the job finally. It will be interesting to see if they place any stock in someone known for a more blood and thunder approach given yesterday's events.

The names linked are becoming more encouraging.

Ancelotti, Gallardo, Kovac, I wouldn't have an issue with any of those.

I am a little underwhelmed with Kovac, as I have questioned here I am not sure his job at Frankfurt was quite as good as people suggest. He's finished 8th and 11th with them, but in fairness they were in the bottom 3 when he took over. I think Hutter has done a more impressive job with them on the face of it (though Kovac did win a cup). Maybe Kovac laid more foundations for that success, I am not sure?

It feels like more of a Brands appointment though, which to me is the big positive. He's a young coach,has worked for the RB franchise and worked as an academy manager too I believe so that would seem to fit the broader direction we seem to want to go. I know he's Croation but was born and raised in Germany so again has the Germanic ethos and values that I suspectBrands is quite keen on.

I am a big believer in needing to acquire the right fit of a manager and having a joined up plan. None of the last 3 have been poor managers, they've all done ok elsewhere and in Silva's case I am sure he will be successful moving forward. However they were the wrong fit for Everton. Duncan Ferguson is a vastly inexperienced coach, but understands the club, which gives him a big advantage. having someone in who fits where the club is trying to go is important.

I'd need to see more on him. If he is a coach, and wants to play a more direct game and prioritises younger players then I'll be quite happy.

If he was partly interested before the game, I’d bet after being in that atmosphere he will be now

Many teams dislike coming to GP because of the atmosphere it feels like the crowd is no top of you. Even Lampard mentioned yesterday coming to Goodison.

Back in the old days, many of the curren fans cannot appreciate what it was like to be in crowds of 55k to 70k

He is not linked though . It's just suggestions by them. Doubt he will leave a team top of the league now.
Yep I read it wrong. Never heard of him or the second guy haeller. Both seem to be doing well in Germany after doing well in Austria. Shows there are guys out there who I have never heard of who may be being considered

Status
Not open for further replies.