Next sequence of fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

evo1878

Player Valuation: £5m
Big win on Saturday to put distance between us and West Brom plus great results in the Cup to almost guarantee 7th place goes into Europa league. So I was just checking dates & times of our next matches when I noticed the teams around us are also playing each other and the order of those games could make for an interesting few weeks ...

18 march
WBA v Arsenal
EFC v Hull
Boro v Man U

19 mar
City v RS

1 April
EFC v RS
Man U v WBA

2 April
Arsenal v City

4 April
Man U v EFC

Depending how these results play out we should either be well clear of West Brom and/or be going to Man U ahead of them and/or Arsenal too albeit they've both still got games in hand. Good times ahead...

Big win on Saturday to put distance between us and West Brom plus great results in the Cup to almost guarantee 7th place goes into Europa league. So I was just checking dates & times of our next matches when I noticed the teams around us are also playing each other and the order of those games could make for an interesting few weeks ...

18 march
WBA v Arsenal
EFC v Hull
Boro v Man U

19 mar
City v RS

1 April
EFC v RS
Man U v WBA

2 April
Arsenal v City

4 April
Man U v EFC

Depending how these results play out we should either be well clear of West Brom and/or be going to Man U ahead of them and/or Arsenal too albeit they've both still got games in hand. Good times ahead...
Totally guaranteed that 7th is EL.

Except in the event That Utd slip to 7th and win the EL. Which would probably mean we'd be 6th.

Either way it does guarantee that the top 7 teams will be playing in Europe so good news for me.

Totally guaranteed that 7th is EL.

Except in the event That Utd slip to 7th and win the EL. Which would probably mean we'd be 6th.

Either way it does guarantee that the top 7 teams will be playing in Europe so good news for me.

Or if Leicester win the CL. Very, very unlikely, but not impossible after what they did last season. Obviously their form is a bit different this season though which should prevent anything as mad as that happening again, even if they do get past Sevilla.

MO0HXTl.png

Or if Leicester win the CL. Very, very unlikely, but not impossible after what they did last season. Obviously their form is a bit different this season though which should prevent anything as mad as that happening again, even if they do get past Sevilla.

TyphooToffeePlayer Valuation: £500kForum Supporter
New
Knowing our luck I think it might be a good idea to stick a tenner on Leicester to win the Champions League :oops:

Totally forgot about Leicester. Haha.

Totally forgot about Leicester. Haha.

It turns out that @Blake spotted something on the UEFA site that states that there is one circumstance where a country can have an extra team in European Competition than their official allocation (7 in England's case), so 8. If Leicester win the CL and finish outside of the usual European qualifying places in the league (which they will), England can get 8 places. United winning the Europa League wouldn't affect us qualifying for the EL either as their League Cup win gets a place and they will pass that over to 7th.

If we finish 7th, I think European football is secured.

It turns out that @Blake spotted something on the UEFA site that states that there is one circumstance where a country can have an extra team in European Competition than their official allocation (7 in England's case), so 8. If Leicester win the CL and finish outside of the usual European qualifying places in the league (which they will), England can get 8 places. United winning the Europa League wouldn't affect us qualifying for the EL either as their League Cup win gets a place and they will pass that over to 7th.

If we finish 7th, I think European football is secured.
Not quite. Leicester winning CL on it's own won't affect us.

However, if Utd also win EL then we don't get 6 CL spots. 4th would miss out on CL and get EL.

Plus Utd winning EL & qualifying for EL via lge cup means the 5 + 2 rule comes in to effect.

Meaning 5th & 6th will be EL & Utd, and 7th misses out.

We don't want them both to win in Europe.

Not quite. Leicester winning CL on it's own won't affect us.

However, if Utd also win EL then we don't get 6 CL spots. 4th would miss out on CL and get EL.

Plus Utd winning EL & qualifying for EL via lge cup means the 5 + 2 rule comes in to effect.

Meaning 5th & 6th will be EL & Utd, and 7th misses out.

We don't want them both to win in Europe.

OK that makes sense, thanks. Don't want the players to switch off and settle for 7th anyway, but the timing of the Lukaku stuff will probably see that 7th at best is what we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.