Next season and transfer kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be surprised if we have a decent kitty to spend without selling to bring in funds.

Morshri has spent 200 million and gone backwards. He’s probably thinking to himself how much more can he put in when he has zero return.
Do you think Morshri has put in that much? Since he's been at the club there has been over 300 million income from TV rights alone then there is player sales, sponsorship, match day income, likely over half a billion income since he arrived, I know there are other outgoings other than buying players.. But to say he's pumped in 200 million and we won't have anything to spend because he won't spend more is just madness, I do think it's player wages he wants down too many on huge wedge nowhere near the first team and I'd agree with him on that one.

Do you think Morshri has put in that much? Since he's been at the club there has been over 300 million income from TV rights alone then there is player sales, sponsorship, match day income, likely over half a billion income since he arrived, I know there are other outgoings other than buying players.. But to say he's pumped in 200 million and we won't have anything to spend because he won't spend more is just madness, I do think it's player wages he wants down too many on huge wedge nowhere near the first team and I'd agree with him on that one.

Whichever way you look at it, he’s put that money forward to spend. At the end of the day, we’re a business and have to balance the books. A new stadium to fund too. Loans to repay etc etc. It’s all very well saying we’ve had over half billion income.
The Club made an operating loss of £22.9m in 2018 compared with an operating profit of £25m in 2017 (both excluding player trading).

The Club reported a loss after tax of £13.1m in 2018 compared to a profit after tax of £30.6m in 2017.

Where’d all the other income go then?

Hopefully the club have got measures in place and get zouma and gomes deals done early in the next window

any new manager that comes in will be given a wedge to spend. it is unrealistic to think otherwise. the tv money alone will justify it. in addition all other clubs wil spend, and given our state, to not spend while the rest do would drag us into a relegation battle. the club will realise this.

the only reason we wont spend is if silva is still here, which he is unlikely to be, because spending 0 is not going to happen given the above.

Last edited:
Spending money is pointless if the coaching formation and tactics don’t work.

The last 3 games we could have had messi and ronaldo in their prime and the results and performances would have been the same.

Everton's transfer kitty does not exist its real name is Everton's saleable assets and it would seem Gay & Lookman would be the only 2 assets anyone would be interested in
Don't know the maths or net spend of this owner but most of the dross that is here now was from the sale of Rom and Stones

Spending money is pointless if the coaching formation and tactics don’t work..

What is a DOF’s remit? I thought it was to find a away of playing, philosophy, formation, tactics etc. Have a say on the coaching of the players.And implement it, the Manager is there to pick the team and motivate. After the Manager is sacked, the DOFs ideas remain in place and continuity is retained.
Now, we can all have a go at Silva, but Brands isn’t getting any criticism whatsoever, quite the opposite. Some think he’s some sort of superhero.

At least brands will be identifying new players and it won’t matter who is the next manager.

What evidence do you have that Brand is good at identifying players?

Or, like the rest of us, is it merely hope?

Whichever way you look at it, he’s put that money forward to spend. At the end of the day, we’re a business and have to balance the books. A new stadium to fund too. Loans to repay etc etc. It’s all very well saying we’ve had over half billion income.
The Club made an operating loss of £22.9m in 2018 compared with an operating profit of £25m in 2017 (both excluding player trading).

The Club reported a loss after tax of £13.1m in 2018 compared to a profit after tax of £30.6m in 2017.

Where’d all the other income go then?
Player wages and manager pay offs.

No matter who the manager is there will be no big spending next season.
Our board have already made this abundantly clear. They told us there would be no incomings in January and despite people kidding themselves otherwise, they were true to their word.
Likewise they also made it clear that the policy in future would be to identify quality players at low cost and low wages and I think they fully intend to follow that path next season.
No big name signings on massive wages, a sensible recruitment policy based on potential and a sustainable wage bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.