Next season and transfer kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBrace

Player Valuation: £750k
Think we can all assume Siva won’t be here when next season kicks off. Given our team is poo ATM and with Zouma and Gomez on loan and being 1st teamers, we’re gonna have to spend quite big just to stay where we are. Either we buy them 2 or we bring in 2 players that will have to walk into the 1st team. Jags and Baines contracts coming to an end, weakening the squad. And that’s before we get a much needed forward. I can’t see us spending big money as, surely, the new Stadium will have to start getting funded in some way shortly. I think we’re entering very worrying times. The only hope is Brands working some magic and getting some bargains. Thing is, the players that he’ll be looking at will be getting looked at by other Prem clubs. It was a bit different in Holland as he was at one of the top Clubs and not under as much pressure, he could gamble and get players in, that maybe, other Prem clubs thought were too much of a gamble. I seriously doubt he can do it here. I’m officially starting to worry about the future. Am I being unnecessarily negative after what we’ve just witnessed today?

I would be very surprised if we have yet another manager next season.

It's totally up to Marcel Brands to change this around.

I’d be surprised if we have a decent kitty to spend without selling to bring in funds.

Morshri has spent 200 million and gone backwards. He’s probably thinking to himself how much more can he put in when he has zero return.

Really? After today and v City, he’s on borrowed time surely?
Many of the type of managers that Marcel would probably look at (young, promising), are either not long in jobs or have agreed to go into jobs at the end of the season, there is not a huge amount of choice at the moment manager wise unless we went for a real big name for big money and i don't see that.

...I gather we got beat today.

Yeah, I know I’m probably being knee jerk, but what I’ve said is correct. We are going to have to spend big just to stand still. Trying to look at it with a cool head and I must say, I’m concerned. How could you not be?

fact - there is no kitty unless we sell some top earners and some deadwood (highly unlikely)

we need a manager used to running a premier league club on a shoestring, (think hughton and howe)

we definatly do not need a manager who has won the Turkish 2nd division and won the bosnia under 18 league

Yeah, I know I’m probably being knee jerk, but what I’ve said is correct. We are going to have to spend big just to stand still. Trying to look at it with a cool head and I must say, I’m concerned. How could you not be?

...you can concentrate on players all you want, but much of the failings are down to mis-organisation and tactics.

Changing the squad and throwing millions at new players is all good and well, but the immediate failings are little to do with personnel.

My opinion, of course.

...you can concentrate on players all you want, but much of the failings are down to mis-organisation and tactics.

Changing the squad and throwing millions at new players is all good and well, but the immediate failings are little to do with personnel.

My opinion, of course.

I agree, tactically we look inept.....but let’s look at the players. Starting in defence. Zouma, mightn’t be here. Keane, not really good enough. Coleman,pretty much finished, Gana, probably gone, Gomez, shell out for him or not, I’m not really too fussed, Walcott looks like he’s here for a decent payday, Gylfi, whilst still a decent player is a luxury for me, No striker of note. The only 3 players we have that are decent for me are Jordan, Digne and Richy, even Richy I’d put a question mark against, given the way he’s tailled off at Xmas for the last 2 years. I’d still have faith in Lookman......if he wanted stay.
So yeah, tactically we’re not great but immediate failings CAN and are down to personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.