Votes: 21 2.1%
  • My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive spoken loads of times about what Moyes did at the time mate, yes I was being flippant, he took us from near the bottom to near the top, I will never forget what he did here. But his goal was to get to 40 points every season, once he had a springboard, something to build from he couldnt build, I know we didnt have the money to push on, but he defo has a glass ceiling.

Since he left us hes took the league Champions to 6th, lasted 5minutes in Spain, took Sunderland down and only kept West Ham up cos the 3 relegated teams were poo.
Wasn’t it 8th they finished

In my opinion, HK was the greatest manager this club has ever had (and I am old enough to have watched HC do his magic), but HK came back twice and bombed. Going back in time doesn’t work lads, Moyes did a fine job when he was here, and had some very good seasons and played some very good football. But I think we need. Little balance when talking about him. he wasn’t always dour, he did play some terrific football. But his defences weren’t always rock solid either, he got us into Europe’s but with 11 years to shape the team that was the absolute minimum to be expected? He did a good job for us and he was the manager we needed then, but he most certainly isn’t the manager we need now!

Without doubt David Moyes splits the Everton fan base like no other former manager. You can't even sit on the fence with him!!
He splits the fans in two camps

the small club with no ambition fans who think only losing by one goal at a big club is acceptable fans

or the,we need a progressive, dynamic hungry manager who wants to win things fans

I know which camp David I am in

Ive spoken loads of times about what Moyes did at the time mate, yes I was being flippant, he took us from near the bottom to near the top, I will never forget what he did here. But his goal was to get to 40 points every season, once he had a springboard, something to build from he couldnt build, I know we didnt have the money to push on, but he defo has a glass ceiling.

Since he left us hes took the league Champions to 6th, lasted 5minutes in Spain, took Sunderland down and only kept West Ham up cos the 3 relegated teams were poo.

He lasted for 1 year in Spain. Or 42 games. This is not 5 minutes. Beat Barcelona. Also, Sociedad are somewhat hampered in that they can only have about 6 players in the squad not from their academy/region. For a foreign coach looking for quick results this is obviously difficult.

He finished 13th with West Ham. 9 points above the relegation zone. There were the 3 “poo” teams, 4 more teams, and then his west ham team. When he took over they were in the bottom 3.

Sunderland were doomed that season. Ellis Short had turned off the money tap. I could say he was unlucky, but taking that job was a genuinely stupid decision and he fully deserved what happened to him.

I wouldn’t want Moyes back here at all. But some mistruths are being spoken about him.

He lasted for 1 year in Spain. Or 42 games. This is not 5 minutes. Beat Barcelona. Also, Sociedad are somewhat hampered in that they can only have about 6 players in the squad not from their academy/region. For a foreign coach looking for quick results this is obviously difficult.

He finished 13th with West Ham. 9 points above the relegation zone. There were the 3 “poo” teams, 4 more teams, and then his west ham team. When he took over they were in the bottom 3.

Sunderland were doomed that season. Ellis Short had turned off the money tap. I could say he was unlucky, but taking that job was a genuinely stupid decision and he fully deserved what happened to him.

I wouldn’t want Moyes back here at all. But some mistruths are being spoken about him.
i noticed you didnt mention the utd gig!

That Barca game was a one off absolute fluke where everything went right for them. Barça rested players. They got the absolute dream start with a freak own goal after 2mins. From there the Moyes bus was parked and Messi and neymar only came on in the 2nd half. And the clear cut chances created were all hit right at the keeper. Nothing to do with good coaching. % football....pack the defense and hope for the best. He was a mess over here. He left them where he found them, just above the relegation zone. My favorite stat at the time was I think during his stint here his team had the lowest shots on target of any team in the league. The absolute dullard. (I know you are not exactly claiming the Barça game was brilliant or that he is great or anything but it annoys me in general seeing me that mentioned as if it says something about him)

I cannot wait until this sense of dread goes away and it’s absolutely 100% certain we aren’t hiring him.

01B7AA7C-F8EE-4019-9E89-5018F1230260.jpeg

.....from this morning’s Racing Post, they asked 3 ‘experts’ their view on which manager is best suited to Everton.

From top to bottom; Ivor Davies (Sky Bet compiler); Jason McAteer; Rob Sutton (Racing Post). The end column is ‘who wins the League Cup”.

Last edited:
...nothing I’d put up as a strong fancy, Billy. Looked for a bit of value at Cheltenham, I’ve had a bet but I wouldn’t want folk losing money on my selections.

Plenty of nice ones in my portfolio for Cheltenham in March, though.
Make sure you share the Cheltenham love Eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.