Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Moyes

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 89 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie Howe will not come to Everton. Everyone seems to forget, Eddie probably forgets himself, he moved to Burnley years ago, hated it, made a mess and returned because he was homesick and couldn't settle up north. He would be a disaster for EFC and we would be a disaster for him. He'd probably never manage again after coming here :celebrate:

You'd hope that he had a shortlist ready throughout his own tenure which needed updating periodically. Even if Silva had been a raging success, you still need a back up just in case he gets poached or hit by a bus. These events happen quickly, and need to have a plan in existence ready to go at the drop of a hat.
Any good organization has a COOP plan ready for any unforeseen circumstance where one of the key individuals is gone. Succession planning has to be top of list in a job where the average tenure is less than 2 years.

Realistic about the situation?I was expecting a top 6 challenge.Not 18th and 7 points off the top six.Hmm get some perspective here and chill.Ironic words, considering that we are currently residing in the bottom three.
You were expecting as if it was your right to expect! You sound to me like you were taken in by the hype. On the ground when you look at the cold facts you can logically expect a top half finish realistically.

Please look at the players that the top six bought. None of them wanted to come to Everton. It's just the way it is at the moment. Please understand that 30m for a player these days is like 10m in the Moyes era. The players we buy are good but they are not top tier.

Until we stop selling our best players to the bigger clubs and develop our prospects into top tier players we don't have a chance of top 4.

This is reality. Obviously our current ordinary manager is under performing. If he improves we realistically may reach 8th again, who knows.

I want our next manager to be someone that's won one of the top 5 European leagues. We need someone proven.

I'm near enough certain that this will not happen. It's realistic to set your sights lower, as that's exactly what the club will be doing.

Van Bommel - another Arteta for me nowhere near enough managerial experience / success for the job.

I fear Brands will just shortlist fancy foreign named young coaches with limited experience in a top league (sound familiar) on the cheap and hope it comes off.

We need proven experience and quality ffs.

We have the financial clout to be able to offer the kind of contract they'd be looking for. If we can sign players for £50m and give them £150k a week then we can give a top manager the kind of contract they're looking for. The hard part is getting them to buy in to the vision and the potential of the club.

A top manager should easily be able to get us top 7 this season then help attract more top players in the summer and build from there.

I want our next manager to be someone that's won one of the top 5 European leagues. We need someone proven.

I'm telling ya... Laurent Blanc

Status
Not open for further replies.