Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this ready and all... Suppose its surplus to requirements now, so I may as well discard it here

De Boer at Finch-farm.jpg

There is southHampton subreddit.

It's full of purenergy gold. My personal favorite is o e guy who is so deluded that he things Koeman has come to us to put his feet up

"
<div class="md"><p>Right this is going to be a dangerous game as im sure emotion are high but i have been coming to terms with this since Friday and have thought quite alot about what this whole thing has made me think of Koeman.</p>

<p>I think he is taking an opportunity not because they have more money, have a bigger club, moe fans, whatever other bullshit the blues fans are spouting. No i believe Koeman has taken the Everton job because its an easier job.</p>

<p>Firstly expectations, Koeman will be considered &#39;well on his way to returning the blues to former glory&#39; if he achieves top 6. He&#39;s just done that here with lets be honest a pretty moneyball esque side and Without a nice transfer budget and key players staying I think we all agree it would be hard to replicate our success next season. </p>

<p>So his options are this:
Stay with us who are undoubetly going to be quite demanding next season (6th or higher) and who have shown in every window hes been here that we stuggle to keep players
Or
Go to Everton Who (everton fans would crucify me for this) are in a very similar position to us when Koeman arrived. They have high ambitions and decent enough squad that is rife with discontent. So Koeman is essentially being offered to go back in time and do what hes just very succesfully done except this time he can spend spend spend. </p>

<p>Now the reason im making these points is because it is quite clear that managing saints is going to be harder than managing Everton. Everton have just sacked Martinez who has been unanimously rated as a disappointment and got some shaky league positions the past few seasons. Point being how hard is it going to be to earn his money there, not really hard at all. He is going to be afforded alot of leeway if they recruit the way there expecting to as the pundits and media will give him a fair ammount of time for new signings to adjust etc. Thing is as a post was saying on here the other day, how much of our post exodus recruitment was Koeman.....answer not alot really, it was mostly our scouting team with their mysterious black box. </p>

<p>Forgive my ramblings but i feel its important as a Saints fan to look at this practically. The press and the blues will all maintain that Koemans stepped up to a &#39;bigger club&#39; but he really hasnt. He has regressed back to when he cam to us and he has to hope that he can replicate that same success.</p>

<p>As for us, i feel this season (as well as we have done) has showed signs of a certain level of stagnation at the club. Relatively fixed team sheets seem to have made the irregular players heads drop and maybe what we need right now is a bit if new manager syndrome where everyone is vying for a place in the squad week in week out (for some time at least).</p>

<p>Sure it hurts, Koeman was a trustworthy somewhat fatherly figure who always remained calm, collected and represented the club fantastically well. </p>

<p>I feel like blaming him for his departure is a very Southampton thing to do. We seem to have fallen into a habit of hating anyone that leaves us because they betrayed us. I feel like this is very naive in a game as money driven as Football. Sure he has gone back on his word but this is a game where contracts mean [Poor language removed] all, Van djirk just signed a 6 year contract with us but all that means is that if someone came to sign him now they would have to pay over the odds. Commiting your future to a club really isnt a done thing anymore and whilst we may still reminisce about how great it felt to have a star player who was also a die hard fan it isnt exactly a helpful mindset to be in when the reality is we live in the most money driven Football league in the world. </p>

<p>So for me I dont hate Koeman for this, i dont wish him future failures, in fact i truly hope he has a good career. However i will say that a manager that makes a move like he has shows signs of being a bit cowardly, as ive said Everton is clearly the easier option and in reality he is going to struggle not to impress. </p>

<p>Southampton return to our reserved spot by the precipice where we have only thrived in recent years. A good shake up is whats in order and i feel thats what is coming.</p>

<p>Having said all this if a single player follows him to Everton im burning the fuckers house down. </p>
</div>

"

That's one hell of a defence mechanism that insest enthusiast has got going on.

Sammy Lee gets his kit off and rides dragons ?

* downloads Game of Thrones box set

No mate. You've got the wrong end of the stick there.

@The Esk has been a rock over the last two months especially with insisting Martinez was finished well before he was officially binned and derisory David Moyes was not in the frame for the job.

He's our man in the south is Esk. With his ear to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.