Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker and first time poster - it would seem to me that a lot of us blues are forgetting who we are. Obviously we all want a worldie like Mourinho or Emery but I don't think we should be turning our nose up at other options. We're nowhere near one of the top teams in Europe (just yet) so let's not expect one of the top managers and completely ridicule a potentially great manager with a lot of promise.

In particular De Boer. People seem to be against him because he has no Premier League experience, but surely it's better to risk it with him over Moyes, Hughes, Dowie, Megson, Holloway or whatever other premiership manager we could get in.

Might be worth a gamble on a proven winner? And before everyone gets too caught up with the hype - let's not forget Emery was linked with Swansea about 6 months ago...

All that said... Welcome Unai

I'm all ears.

riquelme.jpg

Once the manager is announced, head over to the transfer thread and I'll introduce myself.

What's been happening lads?

All I saw was that moomin said that he plopped all over somebody's ma's grid?
I suggest Moom's was talking metaphorically- painting figurative picture whereby 'ma's grid' represents Mother Earth and the plopping on her, defilement, sourced of (I'm hazarding) orcs out of Anfield. Quite deep really...Moomin is a very existentially textured soul. no-one gets Stoke like Moom's.

Last edited:
I suggest Moom's was talking metaphorically- painting figurative picture whereby 'ma's grid' represented Mother Earth and the plopping on her was defilement sourced of (I'm hazarding) orcs out of Anfield. Quite deep really...Moomin is a very existentially textured soul. no-one gets Stoke like Moom's.

Like two kindred spirits. Bet he has Mark Hughes posters and a bed spread.

Can this thread be closed until Monday evening? Going in an awful direction, and it's a bank holiday so nothing is going to develop over the weekend

Only took seeing Niasse and Kone in training for our new Manager to adopt a new look

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 79

Status
Not open for further replies.