Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ODDS have nothing to do with anything other than market manipulation and paper talk

You can usually spot when a bookmaker is shortening odds just for market manipulation though.
When every single bookmaker dramatically shorten the odds at the same time, it's normally different.

And we all know it's impossible to take back pledges of loyalty.

Wait a minute...
2AA2CB7500000578-0-image-m-66_1437227569336.jpg

Your post makes no sense, are you suggesting lawyers would be backing it, therefore the odds would decrease?

Layers mate.

As in, people that lay odds.

The people that manipulate the market for financial gain aren't journalists, they're the bookies.

Oh lordy.

Right. I'm on the exchange right. My selection is at 10.0

So I back it

Wow! something happens (like, I dunno, a local rag running a 'it's happening' story), it tumbles down to 1.7. I lay it off here to cover my initial stake, maybe a bit more. I literally cannot lose money on either outcome, but I may end up with different possible profit.

Do you know how much influence @The Esk could have on that market with a single 'it's 100% happening' post? Masses. Everything available would get hoovered up.

Please mate. Stop.

Its makes me laugh how many are willing to blindly believe a fella who singed up 10 days ago and has posted only in one thread (bar two post related to the subject in the Moshiri thread). Not a post about any other subject. No posts in the NEA Animals thread even! Hasnt posted anything that as far as I can see wasnt floating around the web or was just purely conjecture.

Geez - I go away for an hour for lunch, and I come back to find that precisely diddly has happened... /sadface

Its makes me laugh how many are willing to blindly believe a fella who singed up 10 days ago and has posted only in one thread (bar two post related to the subject in the Moshiri thread). Not a post about any other subject. Hasnt posted anything that as far as I can see was floating around the web or was just purely conjecture.

blind leading the blind? in reference to him being a mole?

i'll show myself out.

Its makes me laugh how many are willing to blindly believe a fella who singed up 10 days ago and has posted only in one thread (bar two post related to the subject in the Moshiri thread). Not a post about any other subject. No posts in the NEA Animals thread even! Hasnt posted anything that as far as I can see wasnt floating around the web or was just purely conjecture.
I want to defend the Esk here , he must have posted in NEA animals!

Love how divvy journos always try and paint us as small time but increasingly big up the likes of Southampton and West Ham. Southampton only finished above the last two seasons because Martinez royally cocked it up. Had we had a more competent manager in charge we would have been comfortably above them. Christ even in Martinez first season we got more points than Tottenham did this season and apparently they are the greatest team in history. No doubt the last two seasons have knocked us back but these lot need piping right down.

Just think lads: our transfer window hasn't even started yet.

Oh Christ - just think what that's going to be like on here!

It may be time for the Forum hierarchy to consider a full lockdown period for the site of about 2 weeks after the manager has been announced in order to allow for:
  • Marriage repairs.
  • Those with a job still, time to catch up on the work they've been putting off.
  • Those who have been sacked a chance to find something else.
  • Those who have been tipped over the edge, chance to seek professional help.
  • Those who are credited with a degree of confidence in their ITK status an opportunity to feel less stalked, harassed and hounded.
  • Those seeking to establish an ITK status a chance to ponder if the shake is worth the splash.
  • GOT servers to cool down.
  • A chance for sanity to be restored (accepted on GOT, that is unlikely to be to a high level).
  • and finally depending on the announcement - time for scrotums to refill and the environment agency to handle the clean up.

Last edited:
@themole10 Why did you post this

"Just to confirm, the talks are currently still taking place....in London!

Nothing has changed from my earlier update:"

whilst quoting one of your own posts from earlier in the day which said

"No answer from Emery camp yet.

Koeman agent having talks with us this afternoon (2pm). Seems that Everyon is now a 'project' he very much wants to be involved with.

I will update when I have any significant news but highly likely I'll have something later."

Are you saying that nothing has changed since the post you quoted ? because since that quote you have posted this

"Emery has turned down our contract offer. Koeman has told Southampton he wants to leave for Everton. This should now be over very quickly."

There is quite a big difference between "no answer from Emery camp yet" and "Emery has turned down our contract offer"

Status
Not open for further replies.