Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At leat one midfielder to. We are very poor in the area of the team. And while I agree with @catcherintherye about not buying 6 or 7 new players, we definitely need more than just a left back.
Mate, we need 2 new CBS, a top striker, at least one CM who can link up attack and defense and/or carry the ball more than a yard and a LB, if not 2. That's 5 already at least, 6 with a second LB. Whole thing is a shambles.

Bournemouth are top of the form table at the moment and may challenge for Europe. Eddie Howe has been fantastic and has got them where they are playing good, positive football. Don't get why people aren't keen to give him a go.

If the two options were Howe or Dyche I'd have Howe any day of the week. I'd much rather watch us try to play football while winning nothing than watch dirge week after week while winning nothing.

I'm not saying I'd be happy with him back, but I always wonder "what if Moyes had been given the riches Koeman and even Allardyce were given?". Hell, Moyes had us easily 7th for about a decade on a shoestring budget. If he would have been given the substantial funds our recent managers have enjoyed I am certain he'd have got us Champions League on a regular basis.

That said, his stock has taken a massive hit in recent years. Still, if you had said it's between Moyes or Allardyce from Christmas 2017 to May 2018 minimum, I'd have taken Moyes any day of the week.

NEA

I'm not saying I'd be happy with him back, but I always wonder "what if Moyes had been given the riches Koeman and even Allardyce were given?". Hell, Moyes had us easily 7th for about a decade on a shoestring budget. If he would have been given the substantial funds our recent managers have enjoyed I am certain he'd have got us Champions League on a regular basis.

That said, his stock has taken a massive hit in recent years. Still, if you had said it's between Moyes or Allardyce from Christmas 2017 to May 2018 minimum, I'd have taken Moyes any day of the week.

NEA

I think that question was answered every time we sold for big money and he had a few pence to rub together, he spent big money badly generally, it was the little deals for players down on their luck that worked out best,

plus he is mentally ruined from Man U I think these days

NEA

He answered your question when he went to United.

1C989BB2-8AF7-4BD1-B202-28DB7D60C589.jpeg

Sam has a contract until the end of season 2018/2019 and depending on results between now and the end of the season I think he may be allowed to fulfil that contract.
Marco Silva was first choice , it appears we made four bids to tempt him away from Watford and they, stupidly as it turns out, rebuffed them all.
It appears Watford are investigating contacts between Everton and Silva and may sue if they can prove unauthorised contacts. But , the question remains if Everton are still interested in Silva as Everton manager.
Is Silva now history as far as Everton is concerned, is it too big a risk after the failure of Martinez and Koeman.

The appointment of Sam was a search for a safe pair of hands, a low risk appointment giving a very good chance of staying in the league which was by no means certain.

Can the club face into another new season with another new manager carrying the risk that the appointment of a manager like Silva will carry.

I am not sure we can afford to have another season like this and still be taken seriously as a club that wants to challenge for silverware. We have had a poor season, but hopefully news about the new stadium and a new manager can repair most of the damage done.

I think Sam will be manager until we appoint a manager with a higher profile than any before.

I think that question was answered every time we sold for big money and he had a few pence to rub together, he spent big money badly generally, it was the little deals for players down on their luck that worked out best,

That’s just rubbish tbh. Fellaini was a good buy, Yak was a good signing (just got a bad injury). His only big money flop was Bilya.
Even Andy Johnson served a purpose for a while.

Lazy criticism really, it only works if you count Beattie and Kroldrup as big money signings but Baines, Jagielka, Lescott etc as cheap, even though they cost the same/more.

Sam has a contract until the end of season 2018/2019 and depending on results between now and the end of the season I think he may be allowed to fulfil that contract.
Marco Silva was first choice , it appears we made four bids to tempt him away from Watford and they, stupidly as it turns out, rebuffed them all.
It appears Watford are investigating contacts between Everton and Silva and may sue if they can prove unauthorised contacts. But , the question remains if Everton are still interested in Silva as Everton manager.
Is Silva now history as far as Everton is concerned, is it too big a risk after the failure of Martinez and Koeman.

The appointment of Sam was a search for a safe pair of hands, a low risk appointment giving a very good chance of staying in the league which was by no means certain.

Can the club face into another new season with another new manager carrying the risk that the appointment of a manager like Silva will carry.

I am not sure we can afford to have another season like this and still be taken seriously as a club that wants to challenge for silverware. We have had a poor season, but hopefully news about the new stadium and a new manager can repair most of the damage done.

I think Sam will be manager until we appoint a manager with a higher profile than any before.

There’s no way he’s seeing his contract out with this football no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.