• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be prepared to see how Unsworth did

Unsworth has something none of these 'big European' names do.... He's a passionate blue. Maybe a good lesson in this and chance to build something genuine from scratch amid a European environment full of money grabbing careerists (players and managers). Bringing Unsworth's culture of building really dangerous footballing 11s out of young players, and his working knowledge of 'who can do what' seems like the perfect antidote to our situation, and something the club could develop without big pitfalls that come with mega contracts etc. Only buy a 'big name' where there's a hole in the squad.

Would love to see him given a go. I think Rooney/Lukaku events have sent a wave of confusion through the whole club and Everton needs to remember it's roots.

Unsworth has something none of these 'big European' names do.... He's a passionate blue. Maybe a good lesson in this and chance to build something genuine from scratch amid a European environment full of money grabbing careerists (players and managers). Bringing Unsworth's culture of building really dangerous footballing 11s out of young players, and his working knowledge of 'who can do what' seems like the perfect antidote to our situation, and something the club could develop without big pitfalls that come with mega contracts etc. Only buy a 'big name' where there's a hole in the squad.

Would love to see him given a go. I think Rooney/Lukaku events have sent a wave of confusion through the whole club and Everton needs to remember it's roots.

This could be a good AND a bad thing.

Agree. I know a lost dressing room when I've seen one. We were actually playing a lot better 12 years ago when we had an even worse start. Can't remember many calling for Moyes' head back then, and of course it all changed when Cahill nodded in at Sunderland on new years eve. Within two years we had the best squad since the mid 80s - prime Baines, Jags, Lescott, Yobo, battling midfielders in Cahill and Carsley, creative heads like Fernandes and Arteta, and of course, THE YAK.

There is something a lot more sinister about this slump and there will be no such resolution this time. These are much better players but some couldn't give a tart's furry cup about fighting for the shirt. Whole thing stinks of another Mike Walker episode
Don't think you can compare Koeman to Mike Walker tbh. Martinez is an apt comparison to Walker, and many knowledgable Blues made that comparison at the time - two men who just lack basic comprehension of football management. At least Walker had the honesty to be completely over-awed by the job, whereas Martinez was far more insidious.
I get the impression with Koeman that he actually does know the game inside out, it's more of an issue with his man management - he can't communicate to the players in a way that works. Actually takes some skill to make seasoned internationals looks as clueless as this Everton side does.

I say 'get the impression' because bottom line, when things are as badly pear-shaped as they are, we all start projecting negative pictures onto the manager - he's a tyrant, he doesn't get Everton, he's more motivated by his golf handicap etc etc. There's no real evidence for any of it - it just feels like it should be true given how bad things are!

Ancelotti
Tuchel
Unsworth

Any of these is a massive yes from me. We need to get rid of Koeman. ASAP.
Rubbish...Ancelotti likes purring Rolls Royce teams...not broken volvos. Tuchel....what has he actually won, does he have any prem experience? Unsworth...like the guy but sounds a tad like a leap off a cliff and now is not the time to experiment.

I'd honestly consider Benitez, Mancini or Villas Boas.

Benitez - can't see why he would swap Newcastle for Everton.
Mancini - just started at Zenit
Villas-Boas - isn't he in China?
Seems to be another living off an inflated reputation based on nothing and looking around for his next pay-day. The new Sven Goran Eriksson.

But it's good to throw out suggestions mate, contributes to discussion as this is a forum. Just can't see any of those being viable.

I love Unsworth, and one day he might make a brilliant top flight manager.

BUT.... I just don't think its right now, and don't think we should go with him for a sustained period currently.

Rubbish...Ancelotti likes purring Rolls Royce teams...not broken volvos. Tuchel....what has he actually won, does he have any prem experience? Unsworth...like the guy but sounds a tad like a leap off a cliff and now is not the time to experiment.
Leap off a cliff with Rhino every day of the week before Koeman

Status
Not open for further replies.