Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replacing Koeman with Unsworth would be a mistake. Unsy has done great with the young lads, but this is the Premier League.

Having a top coach who can attract top players is key.
I actually think Koeman has got in top players his problem is he doesn't know what to do with them, I bet Unsworth mixing a bit of youth and caring for Everton would turn around this mess, even if it was untill we got a new man in. At the moment it's so bad I'd even have a Hibbert and Osman double act as managers, Koeman is really that bad at managing us.

Big Dunc and Unsworth 2 that really care about the club. No being serious I would give Unsworth untill Christmas but have Joe Royle assisting him, then there's some experience there. Royle is actually younger than Harry and Roy I thought he was a lot older.
There's your dream team. Why not have two managers?

OTE="Furey1878, post: 5814652, member: 17236"]Out of curiosity, how would Jan transfers work if we brought in Unsworth for the rest of the season...?[/QUOTE]
We'd still pay too much for gash players. It's the Everton way

What would be wrong with a different approach, we tried Martinez he failed, we now have Koeman he is failing. What would be so wrong with appointing from in house other teams have done it, it's not quite so popular nowadays but assistants use to take the job on Harvey did here and I think if he had stayed around Irvine might well have got the job when Moyes left, Leicester have done it. Unsworth hasn't got the first team manager experience but he knows the place very well knows the youth very well and most likely many of the first team very well, he's played here too, everyone has to start somewhere.

Replacing Koeman with Unsworth would be a mistake. Unsy has done great with the young lads, but this is the Premier League.

Having a top coach who can attract top players is key.
At this moment in time he wouldn't have to, there are good players in the squad, a cf would have to be brought in January but the gaps could well be filled buy younger players.

IMO the Definite starters ATM.

Pickford
Keane
Baines
Gueye
Davies
Sigardsson
Rooney

So there's a chance for youngster to stake their claims for a place.

Sorry no, I want him gone. Whether I'll get my wish who knows but I will never be behind him as I don't think he's atall right for Everton.

Well said mate.Those sanctimonious high horse climbing cheerleaders do my head in.Im not getting behind Koeman because he's not the man to take us back to the elite.But i will get behind Everton.;)

Sorry no, I want him gone. Whether I'll get my wish who knows but I will never be behind him as I don't think he's atall right for Everton.

Agree. I know a lost dressing room when I've seen one. We were actually playing a lot better 12 years ago when we had an even worse start. Can't remember many calling for Moyes' head back then, and of course it all changed when Cahill nodded in at Sunderland on new years eve. Within two years we had the best squad since the mid 80s - prime Baines, Jags, Lescott, Yobo, battling midfielders in Cahill and Carsley, creative heads like Fernandes and Arteta, and of course, THE YAK.

There is something a lot more sinister about this slump and there will be no such resolution this time. These are much better players but some couldn't give a tart's furry cup about fighting for the shirt. Whole thing stinks of another Mike Walker episode

Didn't want him in the first place. Warmed to him a bit. The summer looked interesting. He really does remind me of me playing Footy Manager, sticking players in a formation and philosophy that they don't belong in and I don't understand. The sooner he goes, the better. I would much rather he turned it around and made us winners that are hard to beat, but I just can't see that happening.

I usually take the patient approach with managers (was happy to give the wait and see approach with Martinez well into year 3), but Koeman's press conferences/comments show his lack of connection with the club and the fans, especially lately. Tactically he's just so frustratingly stubborn/clueless it's actually shocking. Playing Niasse and DCL with Vlasic on the wing was a step in the right direction as well as finally starting to integrate Kenny into the team, but the two holding midfielders, Sigurdsson out wide, Williams getting games seem like such obvious flaws to just about everyone but him at this point. Unsworth for me with the lack of realistic options out there.

When, not if, but when he's gone, the stories will start to filter out and I think he will have fell out with twice the number of players Martinez ever did.
He's set the Club so far back it's not real AND spunked 140M. he'll have to go before he spends some more in Jan...as somebody said, I wouldn't let him spend the tea lady's biscuit money.

Status
Not open for further replies.