Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s turned messes around before, like last season for us in autumn and at Southampton previously. He can do it. Whether he will no one knows. But I’d have that proven skill over an U23 coach with no experience looking at the frustrating situation objectively.
I have no interest in Unsworth taking over at anytime myself,but I'm starting to lose my patience with koeman,it does make for good watching at the minute,but he has a little longer for me but how much time I don't know.

The most logical appointment is Unsworth.

He gameplan revolves around pace, width and movement. 3 vital aspect that will have a direct improvement to our performance. I'm sure he is most familiar with our immediate needs than all other fresh candidate.

Hiring someone fresh from outside will not immediately work as they have to familiarise with our shortcoming and strength, he may end up needing months to get things fix during the familiarising period.

Unsworth will definitely play youth, at this moment, seems like our young players perform better than some season professional.

I believe this is how Unsworth will do to sort things.

Rb should belong to kenny. Barkley if fit should start ahead of Rooney, lookman and vlasic should have an extended run in the first team. DCL and niasse should keep their place, and Unsworth seems to think highly of niasse. Davies should get a start ahead of Schneiderlin if we decides to drop 2 dm. Holgate should start ahead of Williams.

Unsworth might not have the experience and Pedigree of some big name manager, but at this moment, base on whatever player staff we have, Unsworth will come in a make the most appropriate changes that we desperately needs.

Whoever it is will be doomed. The same destructive cycle will continue. Initial progress, then setbacks, the Apprentice influenced fanbase wanting the manager fired, back to square one and repeat.

If you want to see how this ends then study someone else who’ve had that process for years, like Newcastle.

tl:dr I’m calling you geordies who would have fired Kendall in 83.

I believe koeman is pretty much stuck in this mindset of making it work and it's the players fault when it doesn't. This isn't going to change any time soon and we are going to be hoping the quality of the players get us the points to at least help us limp along rather than genuinely looking like a team who wants to win.

My other thought to be honest is with a squad that has captains littered about now and some with winning mentality, why does the team have no passion or fire in it? I genuinely don't know the answer to that to be honest, but there has to be something that has stopped all these leaders dragging the team through each game and not letting heads drop. If we had that mentality Thursday then we wouldn't be as pessimistic as we are now

Just appoint Unsworth as temp manager role for the season with the view to bring him back to under 23. He is not unsworthy.

None of the above.

Seem to remember Kendall getting this sort of grief in the early 1980s.

I still remember how that panned out...
You think Koeman will win us the premier league in say 5 season, he wouldn't win us it in 50 seasons. He could even be given the whole Real Madrid squad put them in our kit and we would still be rubbish if he was manager. Some managers have the decency to resign when they aren't doing their job properly he won't, because we pay him to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.