Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you can change one word of what you have wrote to Moyes and it would still fit
(well two words, Dyche for Moyes and Burnley for Everton)
Moyes may have done a little better with money and with limited resources he did get us to CL qualification. Martinez was hired for his attractive football, even thiough his previous team were relegated (sound anything like Silva?)
do you want Moyes back?
watch burnely on the tele and that will tell you why he's not everyones cup of team, good manager but his football is borderline Pulis, and at the end of the day football is entertainment and there is absolutely nothing entertaining about watching that kind of football

Man Utd don't always play attractive football, I would rather be succesful than entertaining. An end of season relegationn battle can be edge of the seat entertainment, I would rather nick a scrappy winner in a boring cup final. Michael Keane looked like a good deal at £25 million when we signed hi, Dyche must take some credit for that as he hasn't looked like he's worth half of that since signing.

Dyche spent less in the summer than Silva and his team are 4 points ahead of Watford even though Burnley lost their number one CB and CF to Everton and Watford respectively. In their last 6 games Burnley have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 1 (3-0 to City), Watford have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 3 (6-0 to city, 3-2 to Everton, 4-2 Cheslsea). Yes they have scored more goals than Burnley 19 v 12, but have shipped more than double 21 v 9, given our current predicament I think sorting our defence out is a bigger priority so Dyche would be better placed to achieve this. Silva hasn't stayed anywhere other than his first club longer than a year so who knows how he would do in year 2 (remember the first year under Bobby!).

Silva is very shrewd in the transfer market, so credit there. However isn't that what we pay Walsh for?

I can see the comparisons between Moyes and Dyche, although to be fair I think Dyche is not locked to a style it is more from prgmatism due to the limit of his resources.

I can also see the comparisons between Martinez and Silva.

Who would I prefer to appoint for our long term success, another Martinez or another Moyes. My vote would be another Moyes i.e. Dyche although I think he is more than that.

Moyes may have done a little better with money and with limited resources he did get us to CL qualification. Martinez was hired for his attractive football, even thiough his previous team were relegated (sound anything like Silva?)
do you want Moyes back?

Man Utd don't always play attractive football, I would rather be succesful than entertaining. An end of season relegationn battle can be edge of the seat entertainment, I would rather nick a scrappy winner in a boring cup final. Michael Keane looked like a good deal at £25 million when we signed hi, Dyche must take some credit for that as he hasn't looked like he's worth half of that since signing.

Dyche spent less in the summer than Silva and his team are 4 points ahead of Watford even though Burnley lost their number one CB and CF to Everton and Watford respectively. In their last 6 games Burnley have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 1 (3-0 to City), Watford have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 3 (6-0 to city, 3-2 to Everton, 4-2 Cheslsea). Yes they have scored more goals than Burnley 19 v 12, but have shipped more than double 21 v 9, given our current predicament I think sorting our defence out is a bigger priority so Dyche would be better placed to achieve this. Silva hasn't stayed anywhere other than his first club longer than a year so who knows how he would do in year 2 (remember the first year under Bobby!).

Silva is very shrewd in the transfer market, so credit there. However isn't that what we pay Walsh for?

I can see the comparisons between Moyes and Dyche, although to be fair I think Dyche is not locked to a style it is more from prgmatism due to the limit of his resources.

I can also see the comparisons between Martinez and Silva.

Who would I prefer to appoint for our long term success, another Martinez or another Moyes. My vote would be another Moyes i.e. Dyche although I think he is more than that.

united do play some dull football at times, but mourinho sets up that way when he knows it'll be tough but his CV suggests he is right, burnley however play like that every single week, of course united are a bigger club so cant play like that everyweek but if dyche was to come here he would have a bigger expectation and couldn't play boring dull football everyweek so he'd have to change his whole game anyway

swerve

united do play some dull football at times, but mourinho sets up that way when he knows it'll be tough but his CV suggests he is right, burnley however play like that every single week, of course united are a bigger club so cant play like that everyweek but if dyche was to come here he would have a bigger expectation and couldn't play boring dull football everyweek so he'd have to change his whole game anyway

swerve
The point is that with the resources he has at Burnley he can't play that way or they would get destroyed week in week out. He sets up the team he has to give them the best opportunity to win. Dyche has spent less money (net) at Burnley since 2012 than Silva has in one window at Watford. Exactly how should he go about playing free flowing attacking football with the players at his disposal, his attacking options include Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood, Nahki Wells and Sam Vokes combined these players cost less than Klaassen.

If Everton had the same defensive record as Burnley we would be in 7th position now without scoring any more goals. Can you see Silva improving this current squad through coaching alone to more than double their capability to score goals?

The point is that with the resources he has at Burnley he can't play that way or they would get destroyed week in week out. He sets up the team he has to give them the best opportunity to win. Dyche has spent less money (net) at Burnley since 2012 than Silva has in one window at Watford. Exactly how should he go about playing free flowing attacking football with the players at his disposal, his attacking options include Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood, Nahki Wells and Sam Vokes combined these players cost less than Klaassen.

If Everton had the same defensive record as Burnley we would be in 7th position now without scoring any more goals. Can you see Silva improving this current squad through coaching alone to more than double their capability to score goals?

I know exactly what your saying about he plays the way he does because he's at burnley, spot on lad, but that type of football wouldn't be accepted at Everton so he WOULD have to change his whole philosophy so we'd be employing someone on the basis of the great work he has done at a team but wouldn't be allowed to do the same work as the fans wouldn't be happy ( if that makes sense, it does to me! )

watch burnely on the tele and that will tell you why he's not everyones cup of team, good manager but his football is borderline Pulis, and at the end of the day football is entertainment and there is absolutely nothing entertaining about watching that kind of football

For me football is about winning first, entertaining second especially given our position.

Our problem is defence should never have signed Williams and give contract extensions to Jagielka and Baines. Both should have been moved on 2 years ago at minimum.

It’s clear as day Unsworth is not in the running and the longer he is at the (temporary) helm the crapper we will get as the players know he’s off as soon as the new man is in

For me football is about winning first, entertaining second especially given our position.

Our problem is defence should never have signed Williams and give contract extensions to Jagielka and Baines. Both should have been moved on 2 years ago at minimum.

off course it's about winning, but were not in as bad as a position as people make out, no need to rush and get a manager on a long term basis where a couple of wins shoots us right up the table anyway.

Our problem is defence should never have signed Williams and give contract extensions to Jagielka and Baines. Both should have been moved on 2 years ago at minimum.[/QUOTE]

This, more so than losing Rom IMO, is the root of the malaise.

I know exactly what your saying about he plays the way he does because he's at burnley, spot on lad, but that type of football wouldn't be accepted at Everton so he WOULD have to change his whole philosophy so we'd be employing someone on the basis of the great work he has done at a team but wouldn't be allowed to do the same work as the fans wouldn't be happy ( if that makes sense, it does to me! )
Yes makes sense. I don't believe he is wedded to a philosophy that wouldn't allow for more attacking play though. I am looking at his ability to get the most out of a player and improve them. Not many coaches could get more out of that Burnley squad than Dyche does. Also I reckon right now we WOULD settle for some organised 1-0 vistories in the short term. Burnley are playing better football than Everton right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.