Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine we went for a top end manager a couple of weeks ago after being given some encouragement that he would be open to a move.

That’s obviously failed to happen for what ever reason and we are now this week onto more realistic targets.

Everton are the best at being given the run around in signing players and managers it seems. We never learn.

Quick Google of the man

Won the Portuguese fa cup in first season before getting sacked for not wearing the club suit at the final.

Won the Greek league next before leaving for personal reasons

Nearly kept hull up with half a squad (may or may not have been niasse magic powers)

Won a few games with Watford

I doubt he's at the centre of too many erotic dreams.
Question my friend:

We are both, unapologetically so, purists of sorts. We want Everton to get on the ball and try and dictate the game- whether that's WBA or City. It's part of our historic DNA, in my opinion. Doesn't have to be tika taka or any of that passing for the sake of passing but instead having an identity.

Simeone is a very good coach but one based on an aggressive defence and relying on individual excellence.

How would you find him here?

Of course the brand of Simeone, the statement etc: all great.

But the football- I can't imagine it'd be the most graceful.

Would that make a difference to you?

Quick Google of the man

Won the Portuguese fa cup in first season before getting sacked for not wearing the club suit at the final.

Won the Greek league next before leaving for personal reasons

Nearly kept hull up with half a squad (may or may not have been niasse magic powers)

Won a few games with Watford

I’m in.

FFS lad relegation on his CV? OK lets admire a manager whose side lost to Stoke at home, got battered by City 6-0 and worst of all lost 3-2 after being 2-0 up against probably the worst side in the prem on form ....dream on
Hasn't Benitez got a relegation on his CV, in similar circumstances: taking over a club and not having quite enough to keep them up despite an upturn in form?
That's champions league winning Benitez mate?

And didn't we thump Pep's City 4-0 last season?

1. lord stan smith, 15 minutes ago After the game, the Everton owner asked the Watford official in the boardroom for permission to speak to Silva about the Everton job...

He won't be at Watford for long....
lord stan smith well well well well, just look a that post.

1. MooseFirst Team
    Everton have a lot of cheek. The power relations in football have changed and they are in a long-term decline.
Had a brief gander on the Watford forum...kin state of some of the comments...

Hasn't Benitez got a relegation on his CV, in similar circumstances: taking over a club and not having quite enough to keep them up despite an upturn in form?

Champions league winning Benitez??? FFS biggest fluke in CL history.....not talking about LAST season but this....explain why such a great manager lost to us after being 2-0 down ? El fraudo mk 2 imo

Benitez was a proven winner long before Newcastle being relegated though, we can comfortably say he was given a tough job there because of all the success he’s had.

Silva on the other hand, is much more of an unknown. He could be a great manager who was just dealt a bad hand at Hull.... or he could be anywhere from average to awful but just hasn’t been in the game long enough to prove it.

I’d rather him over the likes of Allardyce and Dyche I guess but I would update much rather we just got an established winner. If we can’t get one now leave Unsworth in charge and take the time to properly convince the right man and make him and offer he can’t refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.