Next Everton captain? Poll Added !!

Who should be the next captain of Everton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane for me, with Seamus as an obvious option as well.

Captain ≠ best player on the team. Keane has been a lot more vocal and better at times in organizing the back line. Seamus steps in when things get heated and gives the refs a talking to as well, so either one would be fine with me.

Reactions: Sy-
Hasn't got the right attitude, it's not about being the best player base on ability, but more about leadership.
Also has to be someone who is vocal and going to start most games.

Great captains lead. Lahm, Cafu, Iniesta, Dunga, Casillas, Matthaus, Xavi and Zanetti have all lifted World Cups and Champions Leagues and weren't exactly the loudest voices in the changing room or on the pitch. They were just disciplined.

Richarlison is still young and lacks that discipline, he throws tantrums, but Rooney was similar earlier in his career and he made a great captain. Some players embrace the captains armband and it makes them even better players. They know they have to step up to the plate, they know they have to project the right image to their fans, their manager and their teammates. Other players, better players than Richarlison to be fair, have wilted under the pressure of the captaincy so he could go the other way too.

I just have a feeling it would make him stronger and could perhaps strengthen his affinity with the club. It really depends how his teammates view him behind closed doors, because that's what truly matters. Will he command their respect? The most important factors in this decision, we (as fans) will never know the answers to.

It's things like how he conducts himself at training. Is he late every day? Does he answer back? Is he always whinging? Or is he first in, last out. Doing the hard work in the gym. An ally of the manager. Encouraging his team mates. With that in mind, there may even be a candidate that none of us have thought about. Bernard might be a shoo-in!

I just have a feeling it would make him stronger and could perhaps strengthen his affinity with the club. It really depends how his teammates view him behind closed doors, because that's what truly matters. Will he command their respect? The most important factors in this decision, we (as fans) will never know the answers to.

It could but it could also distract him, right now he has to concentrate on developing his game more, let him work on that and that alone.

The majority would like Coleman it seems. I'm a bit puzzled that so many would want Keane. Never really thought about him as captain material. Would like him to have a whole season where he's boss first

Reactions: Sy-
The majority would like Coleman it seems. I'm a bit puzzled that so many would want Keane. Never really thought about him as captain material. Would like him to have a whole season where he's boss first

I voted Keane, but tbh I was thinking next captain since Coleman is pretty much doing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.