Next 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy your letterbox view of the City game Kev
It's actually a good view and comfortable for that game (my cousins season ticket, which I've used several times before)
Last night I was at the back of upper Bullens (visitors) and I thought it was really cramped, also that one WAS a letter box view.

If we can keep working hard and looking solid that's the main thing for me. I don't expect anything out of the Spurs and City games. I said before this 4 match run that if we could win "our league" we'd be fine. Since then we've beaten Forest and Burnley away. The 6 points against Newcastle and Chelsea are a bonus. So if we get a point at Wolves and lose the other 2 it won't be the end of the world. We should be targeting home wins against bottom half clubs and not losing to those clubs away from home.

I do think people are setting their sights a bit high. Our records against Spurs away and City at home are pretty abject. Wolves away I don't remember other than the first season they came up and we threw away a 2 goal lead in the first game of the season, but I suspect it's not great.

Not worried about the next 3 games tbh. I don't get the Spurs love in, it's kamikaze football at times, City are very hit and miss at the moment and something is defo not right there, and Wolves are inconsistent as hell. There are points to be had for us if we want them.

Would of been fairly confident of a few points before the Doucoure injury, hard to predict now.

A draw away at spurs would be massive, think we do have a chance of digging in and frustrating them but I expect to lose down there tbh.

Got a random gut feeling we'll slap city at home, Wolves away no idea rn...

We are disciplined enough to get a draw at Spurs.

Man City are faltering enough that it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we get something from that game.

Our away form means that we can go into this with a fair amount of confidence.

Delighted with 4 points, happy with 2 points, content with 1.

I think a caveat has to be added, if those below pick up a few points then the above emotions may differ.

Spurs away
City home
Wolves away.

Very tough especially coming on the back of a disappointing exit from the cup and a few injuries.

I'd take 3 points from those games right now but I'm not sure where they are coming from.

Spurs attack really well but give you chances on the break. Can't see us getting anything there.

City were in bad form but could gain confidence from winning the club world cup and with Haaland and De Bruynne fit again I think we will struggle .

Wolves ? Who knows what Wolves team turns up.

Our recent superb form has given us a cushion at the door of the table but I don't think we can afford 3 defeats on the bounce.
I'll be surprised if the manner of last night's exit doesn't manifest itself as a bad hangover come Saturday. I can see us losing heavily out of exhaustion, both physical and mental. City is always a stretch, so Wolves is the key game out of the three.

What we really need now is Luton to lose three games - or at least not win one. That would cushion the damage from the next few.

Spurs away
City home
Wolves away.

Very tough especially coming on the back of a disappointing exit from the cup and a few injuries.

I'd take 3 points from those games right now but I'm not sure where they are coming from.

Spurs attack really well but give you chances on the break. Can't see us getting anything there.

City were in bad form but could gain confidence from winning the club world cup and with Haaland and De Bruynne fit again I think we will struggle .

Wolves ? Who knows what Wolves team turns up.

Our recent superb form has given us a cushion at the door of the table but I don't think we can afford 3 defeats on the bounce.
One
Game
At
A
Time

We’ve probably gained more points than any of us thought likely this month anyway giving ourselves a couple of free hits for the festive fixtures.

0 points from the next 3 games wouldn't be ideal, but wouldn't be disastrous by any means.

I'll be surprised if the manner of last night's exit doesn't manifest itself as a bad hangover come Saturday. I can see us losing heavily out of exhaustion, both physical and mental. City is always a stretch, so Wolves is the key game out of the three.

What we really need now is Luton to lose three games - or at least not win one. That would cushion the damage from the next few.
I can see Luton beating Newcastle who look goosed and winning at Sheff Utd. In 1 way that would keep it simple as we'd probably just need to finish above them, but the gap may well narrow which is why that win at Burnley was massive

Status
Not open for further replies.