Next 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think people are setting their sights a bit high. Our records against Spurs away and City at home are pretty abject. Wolves away I don't remember other than the first season they came up and we threw away a 2 goal lead in the first game of the season, but I suspect it's not great.
I think our recent form shows that what happened in the past is not a measure to go by. This season, despite the start, has been a revelation.

Spurs away
City home
Wolves away.

Very tough especially coming on the back of a disappointing exit from the cup and a few injuries.

I'd take 3 points from those games right now but I'm not sure where they are coming from.

Spurs attack really well but give you chances on the break. Can't see us getting anything there.

City were in bad form but could gain confidence from winning the club world cup and with Haaland and De Bruynne fit again I think we will struggle .

Wolves ? Who knows what Wolves team turns up.

Our recent superb form has given us a cushion at the door of the table but I don't think we can afford 3 defeats on the bounce.
Thankfully we got 12/12 in the last 4. We're nearly through this terrible run of games. Come January/February we have a decent chance to get mid table.

When we get given 4-5 points back we'll be sound!

Spurs away
City home
Wolves away.

Very tough especially coming on the back of a disappointing exit from the cup and a few injuries.

I'd take 3 points from those games right now but I'm not sure where they are coming from.

Spurs attack really well but give you chances on the break. Can't see us getting anything there.

City were in bad form but could gain confidence from winning the club world cup and with Haaland and De Bruynne fit again I think we will struggle .

Our recent superb form has given us a cushion at the door of the table but I don't think we can afford 3 defeats on the bounce.

We can ‘afford’ 3 defeats on the bounce. I still think 30 points and decent GD keeps us up this year, and we have plenty of games to get another 14 points.

The next three games of our "rivals", for reference:

Forest: Bournemouth (H), Newcastle (A), Man United (H)
Luton: Newcastle (H), Sheffield United (A), Chelsea (H)
Burnley: Fulham (A), RS (H), Villa (A)
Sheffield United: Villa (A), Luton (H), Man City (A)

Hardly the best fixtures for the Christmas period, either.
I view our rivals being those above us in the table

Spurs away
City home
Wolves away.

9 points, no less

We should be looking at trying to force our way towards the top 10. Tricky.

FTPL

Very positive view to have. I just can't make myself hold a similar one yet, perhaps I'll revise if we get something from the Spurs and/or City games. The problem I have is that I'm still self aware that we've got the same core that was involved in a relegation battle last season. I'm concerned the mentality of the squad could easily turn after a few deflating results.

All depends who is fit for me if myko is back, then maybe switch to 541 mcneil harrison pushing on to join dcl/beto. And would play a flat 3 onana sitting gana and garner as the cm, would do that for both spurs/city. Then hope doucoure back for wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.