Next 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs away
City home
Wolves away.

Very tough especially coming on the back of a disappointing exit from the cup and a few injuries.

I'd take 3 points from those games right now but I'm not sure where they are coming from.

Spurs attack really well but give you chances on the break. Can't see us getting anything there.

City were in bad form but could gain confidence from winning the club world cup and with Haaland and De Bruynne fit again I think we will struggle .

Wolves ? Who knows what Wolves team turns up.

Our recent superb form has given us a cushion at the door of the table but I don't think we can afford 3 defeats on the bounce.
I think we might get something at Spurs, they play very high up the pitch and have lots of the ball. They are the kind of teams we can out muscle and catch on the break, City are a different matter, they should beat us comfortably, but, they haven't looked as invincible as usual this season, so, who knows? Wolves away I think we should be good for at least a point.

If we can get 4 points from those 3 games, I think we will have put a good deal of daylight between us and the bottom 3.

I know Dyche doesn't like to make too many changes ( and why would you want to change a winning team ) but the team looks absolutely knackered and I think a few players need a rest .

Particularly against Spurs who play such a high line I'd be tempted to play Beto and give DCL a rest.

Has Danjuma shown enough to justify a start ? Possibly not but again he and Dobbin have pace and I'd be tempted to start one of them against Spurs especially if we play 3 at the back and I'd give Harrison a rest.

Not sure our squad is big enough to make any other changes.

We desperately need Mykolenko and Doucoure back.

Coleman gives you options in defence but is never fit and , I can't believe I'm saying this , Young is a decent option off the bench particularly further forward.

The next three games of our "rivals", for reference:

Forest: Bournemouth (H), Newcastle (A), Man United (H)
Luton: Newcastle (H), Sheffield United (A), Chelsea (H)
Burnley: Fulham (A), RS (H), Villa (A)
Sheffield United: Villa (A), Luton (H), Man City (A)

Hardly the best fixtures for the Christmas period, either.

We can never seem to get one over Spurs, the covid win aside. A point would be decent.

Can't expect anything from City game. We could take a point but probably unlikely.

So that's two potential defeats. We would have to take something at Wolves.

2 points would be ok, 3 would keep things ticking over.

Very disappointed last night, and it wasn't just with the performance. (was sat in upper Bullens and had my knees under my chin and somebody elses knees in my back all game 😠)
Still think we'll get a point at Spurs.
I'm in Lower Bullens for the City game (so will be more comfortable :)) but still not expecting any points from that one
I think we'll beat Wolves away.

TLDR - an optimistic 4 points.

Anything above 4 points would be great. Don't underestimate the effect their travel + Goodison can make in the City game. Wolves very winnable, Spurs not long from losing 4 on the spin so hardly infallible.

Take one game at a time.

Spurs - In theory they should beat us but there has been a few times where if you get at them, especially their back 4, they have been a bit shaky. A point at their place would be good.

Man City - In theory they should smash us. They are away at the moment playing that ridiculous club world cup rubbish. Come back knackered you never know. However, Pep will want some resemblance back to the City they know. They have chucked away points of late. Cant see them giving us any points.

Wolves - We should beat these. They are pants and have injuries. We are better than these lot. 3 points for us.

The next three games of our "rivals", for reference:

Forest: Bournemouth (H), Newcastle (A), Man United (H)
Luton: Newcastle (H), Sheffield United (A), Chelsea (H)
Burnley: Fulham (A), RS (H), Villa (A)
Sheffield United: Villa (A), Luton (H), Man City (A)

Hardly the best fixtures for the Christmas period, either.
Sheff U and Burnleys are as tough as ours certainly

Very disappointed last night, and it wasn't just with the performance. (was sat in upper Bullens and had my knees under my chin and somebody elses knees in my back all game 😠)
Still think we'll get a point at Spurs.
I'm in Lower Bullens for the City game (so will be more comfortable :)) but still not expecting any points from that one
I think we'll beat Wolves away.

TLDR - an optimistic 4 points.
Enjoy your letterbox view of the City game Kev

Reactions: kev

Status
Not open for further replies.