News of Ex Players

Nice story about Kenny Sansom paying a visit to Everton In The Community's house for homeless people. Good to see Everton looking after former players who've fallen on hard times.

That brings back memories of seeing Kenny Sansom playing in the Youth Cup final at Goodison for Crystal Palace , 1977 I think . Vince Hilaire and Sansom were their stars as they went on to win it. The only ones I remember from our team were Ross Jack at 9 and Kevin Ratcliffe.

That brings back memories of seeing Kenny Sansom playing in the Youth Cup final at Goodison for Crystal Palace , 1977 I think . Vince Hilaire and Sansom were their stars as they went on to win it. The only ones I remember from our team were Ross Jack at 9 and Kevin Ratcliffe.
Anyone know how he is?Was in a bad way last I heard a couple of months ago.

Just been reading on the BBC sport website about Norman Whiteside auctioning off all his memorabilia to supplement his pension. His 85 cup final shirt against us went for over 20k a lot more than the estimated value.

Just been reading on the BBC sport website about Norman Whiteside auctioning off all his memorabilia to supplement his pension. His 85 cup final shirt against us went for over 20k a lot more than the estimated value.
I kind of feel the FA should do more for the older footballing generation that missed out on the crazy money and have to do things like this to survive. Could they not demand fees from current plays to help subsidise retired players? Surely they won't miss a few grand a year!