News of Ex Players

Cannon's all round game is miles better than Simms though. I'm sad we sold him but his sale is financially very good since he was an academy lad.
Lets see.
Begs the question was the Chermiti signing the best use of £15m considering how cash strapped we are
It was prudent, given DCLs injury woes the last 2 seasons, hindsight suggests no, but in another universe.

Tom Cannon probably would have played the same amount as Chermiti.

Let’s see if the lad keeps scoring, I recall everybody fuming we sold Ellis Simms cos he scored a goal or 2 also.

….it all depends on the impression a youngster or indeed any player makes. If he’d come into games and scored goals, I guarantee he’d be getting plenty of game time.

Leicester mate was at the game, he was chuffed with Cannon, asked why we sold him……
From what I’ve seen of Leicester ( without Cannon) he would be much more suited to their style than how Dyche plays. He lacks the workrate of DCl or the physicality of Beto in short he’d struggle to be a lone striker in our set up. He was the most improved player in our u23s in 21/22 and early 22/23 season, he really upped his game , becoming a very clean striker of the ball and scoring some great goals. We sold him for the money , simple as that. I’m expecting similar “ why did we sell him” questions about Ishe Samuels- Smith in a few years time . Same answer , we needed the money 🤷‍♂️