News of Ex Players

Liam Walsh's injury hoodoo struck again just 10 minutes into Swansea's first game of 2024. Tough on Liam who'd just got a run in the team after his pre-season injury kept him out for months.

The local paper put it like this:

"The only disappointment for the Swans was an early injury for midfielder Liam Walsh, who was forced off inside the opening 10 minutes, and Sheehan will wait to see what the extent of the calf problem is.

“He has been outstanding recently, I am a massive fan of his, but we will have to have a look at it,” said Sheehan."

Andros Townsend signs a new contract at Luton

From Sly Sports

Townsend signs new long-term deal at Luton

Andros Townsend has signed a new long-term contract at Luton Town which will keep the winger at Kenilworth Road for the foreseeable future.
The Hatters have not revealed the length of the contract given to the 32-year-old, who originally joined on a short-term deal in October after being released by Everton.

Cannon was on 80k a week. We needed him off the wage bill
Mate you’re a factor of 10 out I’d say , no way was Cannon on £4 mill a year! He signed a three year contract in 2022 at 19 when he was still part of the u21’s , we’ve been pretty stupid with our contracts over the years but we don’t give those type of wages to , at the time , unproven teenagers. Maybe you meant £8k a week for £400k per year.

Last edited:
Mate you’re a factor of 10 out I’d say , no way was Cannon on £4 mill a year! He signed a three year contract in 2022 at 19 when he was still part of the u21’s , we’ve been pretty stupid with our contracts over the years but we don’t give those type of wages to , at the time , unproven teenagers. Maybe you meant £8k a week for £400k per year.
Which is still bonkers money for any 19 yr old!

I was just joking based on some of Charlie’s posts in the Patterson thread