News of Ex Players

Great player. Tough tackler, very few wingers got the better of him, Terry Curran, in his Derby days, about the only one I can remember. Great left foot and linked up well with Dave Thomas and Dobbo on the left in 77/78. His injury in 78/9 was a big factor in that team's decline.
Good defender for a smallish player,could play a bit too.

Loved Mike Pejic when he was here. No nonsense player and no doubt made us a better team. Looked hard as nails and was. Always remember an Ipswich away game (ipswich were very good then) when we lost 2-0. Pejic and Dobbo had some disagreement then started shoving each other all over the place. Didn't fancy Dobbos chances at the time but gave as good as what he took. In my eyes 2 top class players.

Blimey what a story about Eammon O Keefe.
Sorry if it has been heard before but a new one for me

....enjoyed that, thanks for posting. I have a vague recollection of him scoring a screamer at the Gwladys St end. I think it was a cup quarter final against Southampton but i’m probably wrong.

....well found, great atmosphere that night.

Yes I remember it as rocking that night ..although I thought the goal was better than it now looks.... probably just the importance of it at the time! :)
I remember thinking we were going to win it that season as had knocked out Arsenal and Liverpool in the rounds before.... Southampton were also a good team at the team....then it all went wrong against Man City in the 6th round!!!

....enjoyed that, thanks for posting. I have a vague recollection of him scoring a screamer at the Gwladys St end. I think it was a cup quarter final against Southampton but i’m probably wrong.
Yes so do i recall that.
He was a useful player.
Wonder if anyone had a clue about his story when he played for us. I guess he was too scared to tell anyone at the time

Blimey what a story about Eammon O Keefe.
Sorry if it has been heard before but a new one for me

Thanks for that.

I always liked him and lived when he and Seamus McDonagh were capped for Ireland.

Glad to read he is still involved at Goodison.

My only visit to the pit was November 1981 when he got sent off for kicking Whelan. We lost 3-1. O Keeffe said he feared getting roasted by HK but in fact he said that Eamonn was the only player that had a go!!