Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll & more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Godfrey is the only option - won't be expecting seamus to play 3 games in 10 days and Patterson is dead to dyche..

Least Godfrey makes a few last ditch tackles - bit of speed - rubbish going fwd.
Patterson not doing much going fwd and couldn't defend a scarecrow.
He’s not the only option. He’s the only option Dyche seems to care about even though he has a decent game once out of 10. I’d be curious to see our defensive record with Godfrey in compared to that of Patterson. I suspect they’re very similar. I don’t even rate Patterson. I just know Godfrey is terrible and has been for a long time.

Can anyone on here explain the 9 mins, yes I can see the VAR decisions, possibly 3 mins, the odd injury, but this idiotic situation where games are basically being fixed to ensure favoured teams win in stoppage time. There were more stoppages when we played Arsenal at home, yet we only got 4 mins added on, if we'd been drawing they would have added 7 mins rather than 4. Unless there has been a serious injury it should be no more than 6 mins at the most.
When that went up I went ay?????? I would have thought it would have been about 5 due to the var checks and the subs but never ever 9. There needs to be a 5th official whose job it is to sit in the stand or a box or whatever and stop a stopwatch when the ball goes out. At the end of each half he radios through and says 4 mins 23 seconds. Round it up to the nearest minute. Done. 4th official’s can’t be trusted to keep tabs on time with managers speaking to them every 2 seconds on the touchline etc. This one isn’t even a ‘we have the technology’, it’s ’we have the basic stuff, let’s use it’.

That wasn't the final result I expected at half-time, but I'll take it.

The two VAR checks were bizzare. The offside decision was so obvious it was reported by the International Space Station, and the penalty was stone cold, but both were checked to destruction. The system isn't fit for purpose.

I went for Jordan Pickford as MoM, he stopped a rout while being barracked for the whole game. Thankfully DCL kept his cool for the penalty, that is one of his strengths.

I've just seen SDs press conference. Like him or loathe him, he does talk a good job lol

But he does not do a good job. Talking is cheap.

When that went up I went ay?????? I would have thought it would have been about 5 due to the var checks and the subs but never ever 9. There needs to be a 5th official whose job it is to sit in the stand or a box or whatever and stop a stopwatch when the ball goes out. At the end of each half he radios through and says 4 mins 23 seconds. Round it up to the nearest minute. Done. 4th official’s can’t be trusted to keep tabs on time with managers speaking to them every 2 seconds on the touchline etc. This one isn’t even a ‘we have the technology’, it’s ’we have the basic stuff, let’s use it’.
Did it at GP when there were even less stoppages than Tuesdays game, 10 minutes were added.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D

Boo hoo you scruffy meffs.

That rag must have more stories about us than any other team, they really hate us. lol anyway lads thanks for the easy 4 points and shame about the injuries. That "author" makes it really hard to take to Newcastle one thinks. Enjoyed the comment about us slapping them 3-0 against a more expensive team. From one of their more intelligent posters.