Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll & more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know the midfield is shocking and lack movement to become available for a pass but I'm so sick of Branthwaithe and Tarkowski giving away possession by constantly hoofing the ball either straight into the goalkeeper's hands or straight out for a goal kick
Aye, it's infuriating. Must have happened about 15 times in the last two games alone.

Also desperately need to cut out the short goal kick routines as James Tarkowski is in no way good enough with the ball at his feet to be able to tiki taki it short when the pressure is on.

I reckon Gomes when fully fit (stop laughing at the back!) is probably our most effective no.10 when receiving the ball to feet, but he lacks the mobility to get in and around the CF to receive any knockdowns/second balls when we inevitably go long.

….that’s exactly the problem, even when we don’t go long Gomes struggles to ‘join in’. I did notice last night when DCL squandered that chance on his left foot that Gomes had ‘hit the box’ and was square if the pass would’ve been made.

It’s why I’ve always advocated using Dobbin as an option in that no10 position. He’s more Adrian Heath type than a conventional winger, can get alongside and beyond the central striker, has goals in his locker and carries the ball well from deeper positions.

The thing about the best league in the world is that if you stay in the game long enough, the other team will eventually let you score on purpose.

Just don't then do what Coleman did on Saturday.

….that’s exactly the problem, even when we don’t go long Gomes struggles to ‘join in’. I did notice last night when DCL squandered that chance on his left foot that Gomes had ‘hit the box’ and was square if the pass would’ve been made.

It’s why I’ve always advocated using Dobbin as an option in that no10 position. He’s more Adrian Heath type than a conventional winger, can get alongside and beyond the central striker, has goals in his locker and carries the ball well from deeper positions.

The likes of Adrian Heath are wayyyy before my time so I’ll have to take your word for it!

Dobbin is one of few players we have who wants to/has the ability to drive forward with the ball at pace. Doing that high up the pitch would naturally draw defenders to him and create space for DCL

I'll give Jarrad a bit of leeway for their goal because he's been so, so good this season and that is a world class, £60m striker he was up against.

Tarkowski needs to buck his ideas up though as he's been so poor in recent games.

Hopefully we get back to a regular back 4 and we see defensive improvements. We were one of the strongest teams in defence up until Christmas. Seamus to start against Burnley (as Patterson is hated and probably being sold in the summer).

We were so incredibly poor until the subs, so it would be crazy to start with Beto and Gueye, even though Garner and DCL were terrible against Bournemouth.

I'd personally keep Young at right wing because Harrison is absolutely awful.

….after Trippier in the home game, we have a new one for the Kevin Brock gallery;

IMG_8471.jpeg

…cheers, Fella.

The amount of goals Dobbin scored in the u23’s , I always thought he was a CF.

Seem to recall he was trying to wind them up on one occaision. The only reason I can possibly think of for their behaviour. If not, it's truly weird as you say. I mean, he only played one full season for Sunderland not like he was an institution at the club. Did they ever get so heated with Jordan Henderson?

He’s always winding them up, when we beat them 3-0 at Goodison he was having a pop at their fans big style. When McNeil scored he ran and slid on his knees towards the away fans. He followed that up with a ‘uck you gesture’ towards them. You can understand why they hate him.

The simple answer is inexperience I think. Watching it back at it he looked off balance so lunged in as a last resort.

It was just a bad goal to give up. Why is Tarkowski so much deeper than the rest of the back line? Why does he pull out of the challenge on Isak? We'd started fairly strong as well which was the annoying thing.