Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll & more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will get pumped 4-0 and the usual suspects will be on here slating the players, the manager, the tea lady, the coach driver etc. We are poor guys… very poor and it’s not going to improve any time soon.

You'd think, wouldn't you, with Newcastle missing an unprecedented number of key players (Livramento, Lascelles, Willock, Pope, Wilson, Joelineton, Trippier, Botman, Tonali, Gordon) and us at full strength, that we'd go for the win and not the usual "play like you're five up and settle for a 0-0, but if they score first try to attack a little bit more" from Dyche.

He ought to be thoroughly humiliated to be overseeing this disgusting run of form - almost half a season without a victory. He's the one that chooses reserve centre backs at right back over international right backs, refuses to give any of the u23s a shot when the first teamers have proven themselves unworthy of playing, refuses to make meaningful changes in-game, etc. It's time for a change in tactics and formation, and what better game to start in?

Go 4-3-3, and NOT with McNeil and Harrison (as it will be them) acting as a second bank of full backs, but rather as attacking players given licence to actually attack without needing to have an average position of 10 yards behind the half way line. Start with Beto. Gueye in for Garner, Patterson and Mykolenko at full back. How about DCL at the right of a 4-3-3 instead of Harrison, or him behind Beto as his main attributes are winning headers, winning free kicks, turning defenders?

If ever a game was for the taking it's this one, over to you Sean. Hope the board are ready with their firing rod if he doesn't pick up at least 4 points from the next 2 games.

Dyche must make changes. He won’t. But he must.

If he continues with the same approach and a similar line up and we lose, Burnley on Saturday will be horrible. It sounds like a lot of fans have lost patience. If we were to lose tonight and fail to win on Saturday, the tide will turn.

I've got a horrible feeling that we will get a thumping and that this lot have had all the fight knocked out of them.

Yet another wretched season and I fear that this one will end very badly.

I'm predicting DCL will end his dry spell tomorrow night with an absolutely meaningless goal in a 4-1 defeat.
He'll still celebrate it like he's scored the winner in the World Cup final.
How does he celebrate scoring? I've don't remember.

Newcastle have had a terrible season and not much has gone right for them. I like Eddie Howe and I see the disappointment on his face so often.

Maybe we'll start scoring our chances, nothing stays the same forever, and this could be another disappointment for him.

How does he celebrate scoring? I've don't remember.

Newcastle have had a terrible season and not much has gone right for them. I like Eddie Howe and I see the disappointment on his face so often.

Maybe we'll start scoring our chances, nothing stays the same forever, and this could be another disappointment for him.
I’d take their terrible season over our terrible season right now thanks.

Lose this one without a fight or have any attacking threat then I think the fans will give up. They’ll still travel and fill the ground but this manager and team are sucking the life out of any optimism I have about our future.

Lose this one without a fight or have any attacking threat then I think the fans will give up. They’ll still travel and fill the ground but this manager and team are sucking the life out of any optimism I have about our future.

Feel like that myself now, after Seamus's own goal I'm starting to think they are doing this on purpose! We seem to be finding new ways to lose games. With all their injuries we all should be right up for this, go 5-3-2 Dyche, attacking wingback, let's give it a go

I think our end will be half empty tonight.