Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll & more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dyche will pick the same players hoping for a change as he always does.

McNeil and Harrison on the wings but he will start Beto up front, he will probably bring Young back into the team

Initiate Operation Goodison Capitulation!

Newcastle United 5-0 Everton
Everton 0-1 Burnley

Engage death spiral

Not this season. I can remember saying it was a good time to play them in December on here and being shot down. They were running in fumes from the CL campaign and had injuries then (and a stronger 11 out at Goodison). Tight for the first 70 minutes, got ahead and then ran out comfortable winners.

Difference here though is Dyche just won't take any risks and will cling on for the 0-0 and probably take attackers off late on.

Ultimately 4 points from this and Burnley will in the end be a very good week and ultimately what is needed to stay up.
I hope your right. Off the top of my head the 2 games this season against Man united got beat 2 and 3 nil and they had plenty of injuries going into those games. Seemingly a great time to play them too

I'm predicting DCL will end his dry spell tomorrow night with an absolutely meaningless goal in a 4-1 defeat.
He'll still celebrate it like he's scored the winner in the World Cup final.

Really should throw caution to the wind tomorrow and attack these. Newcastle aren’t the best defensively, at the best of times, plus they have a shed full of injuries. However, Dyche will play the same old predictable way which Newcastle will obviously be prepared for. So expect no surprises tomorrow just the same old turgid Everton with a sprinkling of calamity thrown in for good measure.

Come on Everton, give our long-suffering travelling fans something to cheer about... only the local white ones of course, the rest can gtf!

30 NEWEVE.png