Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report, MotM Poll & more waffle

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

It's actually a good time to play Newcastle believe it or not.

In the last few weeks they've lost Botman (ACL) and just on Saturday's game Lascelles also got ACL. Almiron came on and was subbed within 10 minutes, Gordon got a red so he won't be around and think Livramento also hobbled off and Trippier is unavailable.

It will be a relative makeshift backline they put out and one much weaker than what they put out at Goodison.

Having said all that given there was minimal attacking intent at Bournemouth until going a goal down it's clearly going to be another very extreme low block with Dyche petrified of Isak's pace in the final third. Barnes will also get a start after his two goals at the weekend.

Will go for a 1-1. Doucoure to end his goal drought.
Somewhere on a Newcastle forum, a Geordie poster is saying that it's actually a good time to have an injury ravaged defence coz they're playing Everton.

The only positive thought I can muster is that all runs end. Good runs, great runs, poor runs and yes, even god awful runs.

Somewhere on a Newcastle forum, a Geordie poster is saying that it's actually a good time to have an injury ravaged defence coz they're playing Everton.

The only positive thought I can muster is that all runs end. Good runs, great runs, poor runs and yes, even god awful runs.
https://www.toontastic.net/board/to...-vs-nailed-on-relegation-certainties-everton/

ah-****-we-won-so-i-have-to-do-another-one-alright-eddies-bubble-bursting-penalty-merchants-vs-nailed-on-relegation-certainties-everton

I like their thread title.

Not overly fearful of them. Only thing certain is we will hear “they are a good outfit” and something about “both boxes.”

If Myko is back and Coleman starts, hope to see a return back to clean sheet stubbornness and build from that. Need a proper away performance from Doucs too. Clumsy passenger of late.

How many times though do we see this lot facing a side at a good time be it just before or after a tough European game or with suspended players or injuries and still lose

Not this season. I can remember saying it was a good time to play them in December on here and being shot down. They were running in fumes from the CL campaign and had injuries then (and a stronger 11 out at Goodison). Tight for the first 70 minutes, got ahead and then ran out comfortable winners.

Difference here though is Dyche just won't take any risks and will cling on for the 0-0 and probably take attackers off late on.

Ultimately 4 points from this and Burnley will in the end be a very good week and ultimately what is needed to stay up.

Not overly fearful of them. Only thing certain is we will hear “they are a good outfit” and something about “both boxes.”

If Myko is back and Coleman starts, hope to see a return back to clean sheet stubbornness and build from that. Need a proper away performance from Doucs too. Clumsy passenger of late.

I think Doucoure will turn up tomorrow, can certainly see him getting on the end of a few chances. Likes of Guimaraes and Longstaff like to mix it so feels like Doucs sort of game...I hope.

Looking forward to this. Everton never seem to do well the first game back from a break, so I have higher hopes against these stripety yahoos than I did at Bournemouth.