Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Everton team really are a crowd of spineless bottlers. It's not Franks fault at all. It's Benitez and the people who hired him, and the element of our fans who backed him to the hilt. Everton eh what a muppet show.
Not just Benitez, the back end of last season we were losing at home to Sheff united, Fulham, Burnley and Newcastle(who hadn't won in 12 games then), the decline started well before Rafael.

Good post match comments from our manager - level headed and accurate. I have faith

I wa really surprised at how dirty the Geordies played, but they were allowed to play that way by the abysmal ref - I didn't think Howe was that type of manager, but get they are fighting for their lives.

Thing is they wont get away with that crap against any of the so called big boys - shelvey is 100% sent off against the [Poor language removed]/city/Chelsea, and probably schar as well for two yellows.

Good post match comments from our manager - level headed and accurate. I have faith

I wa really surprised at how dirty the Geordies played, but they were allowed to play by that way by the abysmal ref - I didn't think Howe was that type of manager, but get they are fighting for their lives.

Thing is they wont get away with that crap against any of the so called big boys - shelvey is 100% sent off against the [Poor language removed]/city/Chelsea, and probably schar as well for two yellows.

Our players 100% have the attitude they're too good to go down which is why they don't want to knuckle down and scrap, earn the right to play football.

The lack of awareness shown by Mina, Kean & Gomes those 1st 10 minutes was absolutely appalling. It sets the tone, gets the opposition tails up

Stop it! Branthwait wasnt good. He was terrible! Gordon was school kid level. Gomes is the only one able to do something with a ball but nothing came of. Allan is all over the place. Coleman is laughable bad.

But the optimistic super-hope is already killing me!!!!

Just got home.

Absolutely deflated.

2 poor sides but they wanted it more than we did. Think we were the better side until their goal went in, even if we weren't great. But losing gray was pivotal in that, even before Holgate did a Holgate.

Gordon was our bright spot again and I've had several messages from my geordie mates pointing that out (after all the laughing and jokes at our expense).

Defence needs ripped apart. Even branthwaite struggled to even control the ball (head injury may have made that worse but he didn't look particularly solid before that either).

But Holgate Keane and mina were abysmal. And I really don't like the whole play every move through Keane from the back. None of the defence are composed enough for that.

Gordon would be great at futsal. He is a school boy not ready for the big time yet.

Yeah but he's also not supposed to be our first starter every week while he's still learning...maybe we have options now and he can have a rest or learn more

It's down to us fans to make Goodison as hostile as Newcastle made St James Park tonight. Boo boys got to Pickford big time. We have 9 homes games left. That's all we've got. Oh and any away games to the top teams. Think we prefer player harder opposition. Helps manage expectations.

Some relegation tier sht club can splurge 90m in winter due to a change in owners

Great sport this is
You are right but that is the comedy now. We have wasted enough. However we will be fine. We were a bit better than them before Gray got injured, truly up against it when Mina suffered the same fate.

Gordon is ace, we have two good signings for midfield and we will be fine. We need to beat Leeds but even tonight, 1st half we look so much better. Dom to return as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.