Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 30 minutes was fine. I liked how we looked, had a lot of the ball, looked to go forward. The falling apart after the injuries was just pathetic though.

Just need to hope confidence has not been knocked too much there.

There are some extenuating circumstances for tonight of course. 2 games really close to each other, new signings who will not be fully up to speed yet, a right winger playing at left back and the injuries tonight obviously do not help.

That's football though. Tonight showed we can not go like for like if two of our better players get injured.
First 30 mins fine??? We gave the ball away like candy for most of that. Jeez.

My MoM is Anthony Gordon.

Apart from saying that Shelby should have seen red if the standard for a yellow was the one given to Gomes for a shirt pull on the halfway line. And that the Newcastle fans should get an award for their lack of embarrassment at booing Pickford every time he touched the ball for the entire ninety minutes. As cringeworthy as Chris Sutton.

Newcastle was better tonigt , we came in , look decent first 35 minutes , score but then conceded right away and never recover from that
we can’t not see improvement in our game but our players mentally are not ready for this fight and I am afraid that this is going to be roller coaster until the last round
also I thing our expectations from our new signings are too high, both didn’t play too many minutes , they will need a lot of time to get in and make a difference

I have to say Max is a beast , he is more dangerous and productive then all our midfield and forward players together

Substitutions were bizarre particularly Dele. I couldn't work out where he was supposed to be playing, round pegs Square holes, and we left Dcl on the bench who has a good scoring record against the George kopites
I think the Dele sub was wrong but clearly DCL couldn't do 70 mins.

Really, the change when Mina went off would have been go to a back four but then who plays LB?

We are so, so short.

First 30 mins fine??? We gave the ball away like candy for most of that. Jeez.
Well we always do that. Poor players always will.

Intent wise we were fine. Once the injuries happened we seemed to lose any idea of what we were trying to do. It was a pretty intense game at first, once they scored they didn't have to get out of second gear for the rest of the game.

Just a last comment from me tonight. Let's hope that DCL is now near full fitness. We need him firing on all cylinders. And scoring goals. Our defence is imo not fit for purpose. Can't now depend on any clean sheets. I expect ( hope ) that three of tonight's defence to be gone in the summer. Lampard needs to bring in at least two more defenders. Keep and build around Mylenko....Godfrey......Mina(when fit )......Branthwaite.......Patterson.
So we need to score goals. Not rocket science. Because I don't trust our useless defence. So here's hoping that DCL has a top notch second half of the season. Richardson also. Them scoring will save us.
Ps.......that is now the starter for ten for them to get injured. Though hopefully (everything crossed) not....
What a team. What a club. Wish I could hibernate until May. Then with one eye check our results. That's our Everton. Torture. Good night........

ASM today btw.

He took 4 players with him on every run, totally opening up space for every other Newcastle attacker.

When was the last time Everton had a player like that?

We don't have one in this squad that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.