Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that was a very poor display, the two early injuries didn't help and as I was saying to someone on here yesterday Gomes just can't play when he is put under pressure, he just needs too much space and time. On the plus side, I think VDB will be a good signing for us, his coolness on the ball may just make enough difference to us that we manage to scrape enough points together to stay up.

A team that folds under any pressure, gets out fought to easy not a good sign for a relegation fight.
How many of them can hold there heads up and say they didn't disappear?
Gordon, pickford, DVB, Branthwaite didn't do anything wrong, Allan tried but was just getting by passed .
The rest were a disgrace to the shirt.
We should have sacked Rafael a month before we did, the rot has well and truly set in.

Oh dear, what a sorry state we are in.

Mr Lampard and his crew have some miracles to work if we are to be playing premier league next season.

Sigh , you know it’s bad when you switch over to watch Burnley and hope United beat them , even that didn’t happen.

I guess the only bright spot tonight was VDB , only him and Gordon showed any desire to get on the ball.
The first 30 minutes was fine. I liked how we looked, had a lot of the ball, looked to go forward. The falling apart after the injuries was just pathetic though.

Just need to hope confidence has not been knocked too much there.

There are some extenuating circumstances for tonight of course. 2 games really close to each other, new signings who will not be fully up to speed yet, a right winger playing at left back and the injuries tonight obviously do not help.

That's football though. Tonight showed we can not go like for like if two of our better players get injured.

Substitutions were bizarre particularly Dele. I couldn't work out where he was supposed to be playing, round pegs Square holes, and we left Dcl on the bench who has a good scoring record against the George kopites

Agree. So so poor. Frank says he does not mind what Ali wears or drives. What matters is what he does on the pitch. Which was f all tonight. What a desperate bunch they are. We are going down mate They do not deserve to stay up. Fact.
We will not go down Frank will get us playing ok to pick up enough points, it was a very hard game for Alli to come into tonight, in hindsight bring him on wasn’t a great move, but things can’t always work out. Just calm down 17 games left not 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.