Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have been on from half time, the dope Gomes cost us this one, absolute liability he is.

I don't blame him too much for the penalty. The player came from his blind side. Very difficult situation to defend.

Generally him and Siggy were poor, but at least Gomes was trying to knit play and turn. I'm astounded Siggy is still getting so many minutes. Surely Bernard and Gordon have done enough to earn a spot ahead of him?

Give over mate, it was definitely a pen.

This one is on Ancelotti for dreadful tactics and subs.

I mean, i do have questions over the selections. However i dont think any of the alterantives would have done anything better. Gordon has done very little in top level games so far (although yes he does look a class above when playing lower opposition). Bernard and Iwobi generally do nothing either.

Comes down to having FOUR players out who would all start. Our ENTIRE attacking plan has gone out the window with a world class attacker out for the game, a world class left back suspended. A quality attacking wide forward stupidly being suspended and a solid RB who supports James injured as well.

Even with the players out, we should be beating newcastle. The players missing have carried us. We need to clear out some crap in Jan.

Should we yeah?

An Everton team, missing 5 key players in Richarlison, Rodriguez, Digne, Coleman and Holgate should be going away to Newcastle and beating them.

An Everton team, with Niels making his debut, Kenny thrown in without match fitness - Delph, Gomes, Sigurdsson and co should be going away and beating Newcastle.

An Everton team, when chasing a game, who have to turn to Iwobi, Bernard and Tosun, should be beating Newcastle.

Interesting.

We've come a long way if that's the case.

Ancelotti took a pragmatic view - most were doom and gloom beforehand and rightly so.

We had more of the ball, we had more shots and if soft arse Gomes didn't put in one of his spaced off his tits games and do his off the ball liability act we'd have been right in that and took a point or maybe even nicked it late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.