Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon has to start surely, same with Nkounkou. Wouldn't surprise me if he put Sigurdsson on the left and brought Gomes back in, hopefully he doesn't.

Reckon it should be 5 - 3 - 1-1 today . Pickford / Nkoukou / Keane / Mina / Godfrey / Kenny / Allan / Doucoure / Gomes / Bernard / DCL
This seems like the big call for the game - is Carlo going to keep the same formation or change it up.

With the players available 3 centre backs might mean we have fewest square pegs in round holes, although might go with Gordon instead of Bernard in the team you suggest.

If he keeps 433 then big question is in the wide forward positions where its 2 from 3 Iwobi, Gordon or Bernard. You’d think after last week Iwobi wouldn’t be starting but you never know, Carlo seems to prefer him to Gordon or Bernard.

On balance would go 3 at the back today I think, tough game with the players out. If we sneak a win then would be a tremendous result.

Desperate to win this one, but feel that there are far too many key players either absent or suspended that a draw will be the best we can hope for today. Have every confidence in a Gordon/Nkounkou side, despite their lack of PL experience, but a Kenny/Bernard/Iwobi on the right hand side doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Wouldn't be surprised if Siggy is shifted to the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.