Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see the line up.
Iwobi can’t start.
On the left I’d be happy with Nkounkou and Gordon.
The right side is a worry .

Can't see us getting anything today...all our creativity comes from wide..so to be without Digne & Richarlison on the left, and James & Coleman on the right is just too big a loss...

Add to that we already know what were gonna get from Sigurdsson, Iwobi and bernard....we would struggle against Fulham today

This will be a awful 90 mins

We have serious bipolar going from unbeaten top of the league. Striker top scorer in England to predicting Newcastle beating us comfortably over one game.

Liverpool get beat 7-2 and all they kept talking about how they will turn it around immediately. We are all drinking bleach.

Give the lads a chance ffs.

the RS didn’t have a team with iwobi in it tho

A636B048-6BEA-4AEC-A685-C425E1030B1D.jpeg

Baby hart against Newcastle is bad enough add in the fact we have no creativity going forward, gonna be grim. Just hope they’re even crapper than we’ll probably be

I don't imagine it being easy with such a loss of creativity and pace.

Last week we lacked dynamism, so I hope that neither Iwobi or Sigurdsson start because they lack fight - something I think we'll see from Newcastle.

Defensively we were dreadful last week, that's not just the defenders our midfield constantly gave away possession and tried stupid flicks in dangerous areas. Digne's red card came from him and Keane piddling about with the ball in the middle of the pitch.

Hope to see good performances from Kenny, Nkounkou and Gordon today, they need to take the opportunity given to them.

C'mon Blues!

Getting a clean sheet is the priority today. Southampton cut us open far too easily last week, and we lost the midfield battle. Want to see a lot more from the 3 in the middle of the park, because if we lose the battle again that’ll be 3 games in a row we’ve been beaten there.
And our sole goal in the offseason was to dramatically improve our midfield. Bit worrying. Really hoping to see a big response. Theres no fans in the stands, the whole "it's the pressure of the supporters" goes out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.