Not open for further replies.

skysports-michael-keane-everton_5079911.jpg

We go again.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Niels
Doucs - Gomes - Allan
Gordon - DCL - Iwobi​
So that's the first 45 minutes wasted then. And then Don Carlo realises that with Iwobi playing its like playing with 10 men. Changes are then made. Delph on at left back. Nkounkou pushed further forward. We then start playing and nick a
1-0 win. And tbh i 'd take that right now.

Have hoped that Iwobi would be a decent player for us. But enough is enough. He's not that good. Doesn't seem up to staking a place in this team. He's had chances. Just not good enough.......

And with Richarlson out. And maybe Rodriquez. It just shows how light we are up front. Wonder if anyone else can step up. Simms maybe?
Anyhow........Let's hope that Gordon gets a game and can step up. Bernard also. Doucs and Allan also need to step up from Sundays nonsense. Both are better than that.
So it's .....get a few results now while these stupid suspensions are being served. A few 1-0 wins will do. Take the points. Get back firing on all cylinders in a few weeks time. .........hopefully.
Up The Toffees...........Don Carlos Iwobi-less Toffees....
( Cue now for Iwobi to play a blinder). (Wish he would........but you just know that he wont).

4-2-3-1 (yikes)

Pickford

Kenny
Mina
Kean
Nkounkou (Keane if fit)

Allan
Gomes

James
Doucoure
Gordon

Calvert-Lewin

I reckon that gives us a bit more impetus with Doucoure further forward. He can obviously get back too, but it's an extra body to push up and get into the area in Richarlison's absence.

4-2-3-1 (yikes)

Pickford

Kenny
Mina
Kean
Nkounkou (Keane if fit)

Allan
Gomes

James
Doucoure
Gordon

Calvert-Lewin

I reckon that gives us a bit more impetus with Doucoure further forward. He can obviously get back too, but it's an extra body to push up and get into the area in Richarlison's absence.

That's obviously assuming James is fit, which is up in the air.

If he isn't, then it's probably Gordon right and Bernard left.

Or, switch to a 3. Godfrey slots in with Kenny RWB, Nkounkou LWB.

Pack the middle and have Dom and one of Gordon/Bernard up top.

Mental how we didn't get another forward in. So, so daft.

Pickford
Jjk
Mina
Keane
Delph
Allan
Gomes
Docoure
James
DCL
Gordon
That’s what I reckon Carlo will do
Godfrey is not a RB but has remarkable recovery pace
Nkounkou too inexperienced
Iwobi is done
Gordon showed fight and ability

I don't want to give the media and the haters the benefit of saying we are a fluke.

Win please.
If we loose and James plays then I can see the media and haters coming out strong and reminding everyone how James is just a luxury player, incapable of carrying the Team to enough victories.

Anyway, I would have liked a better match from Everton on Sunday. The guys seem deflated and distracted (probably because of all the hate and criticism they received throughout the week). There was just no good connection between them, no smooth transitions either. And James definitely didn't find a good partner in Iwobi during the first half. That said, it is just one lost. Everton still on top, they have surpassed fan's expectations this beginning of the season and they have brought a sense of hope that we shouldn't loose so soon. I have faith they will bounce back after this week. It won't be easy due to injuries and suspensions but this would be a good test to see if this team's character has really improved from last season, and to see if they are capable of overcoming adversity when is most need it. I for one think they will!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.