Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this match be set up for Tosun. Tire Newcastle out. Get Tosun on to get in behind them. Nick a goal. And win this bloody football match.
Although as we all know........nothing ever goes to plan.
just shows that we just cannot afford to have too many players out at any one time. So no more stupid sending offs in future ....please.
We can still win this. But don't really want to see much more of Sigg y and Gomes in the same line up.
Cue now for one of them to score. We ( I )will take anything. COYBs....

Cahill needs to let lose as a pundit. He is a bore. Love him put needs to get controversial.

We need someone with a bit of drive here, no one making runs to open up space and drag players away. Marking Sigurdsson and Gomes must be easy business for opposition. I’d throw Bernard on me.
high crosses on DCL lead nowhere with at least 3 defenders circled him, maybe Bernard could make something different

Just hearing the Pickford talk.

Why aren't they singling out the horrible kopites for the abuse?

Why isn't any of the media telling it how it is? Instead of glossing over why Pickford has to be dropped?

It'd be better if Alan was in Doucoure's role and Delph in Alan's role, but there is literally no one who can play Delph's role.

Question whether Gomes should play in the blue shirt again.
Gordon would definitely offer more.

I think Keane and Mina are a problem here. Newcastle are happy to sit and block the midfield. Our centre halves need to step up with the ball and make space for them to receive.

I can understand why we'd go for this compact gameplan, but I think we could easily swap Sigurdsson for Gordon. When the responsibility is on his shoulders, Siggi offers us nothing. Passing back to defenders constantly.

I think we'll nick this still.

Status
Not open for further replies.