• Besic

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Osman

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku by a considerable distance in my opinion in what was a very good team performance (notwithstanding our defensive frailties).

As an attacker he did everything but score, despite playing effectively as a lone striker and gave Coloccini a torrid time, should have had a penalty in the first half. However the most impressive aspect of his play today was his ball retention and hold up play which in the last couple of months has advanced to levels which we probably did not think possible. Without that ball retention, Newcastle would have turned the ball over many times and created more chances as a result.

I'd still prefer him to have a genuine partner upfront - Mirallas cannot perform that role in my opinion, but today Lukaku was absolutely superb.

Sorry??? Lukaku with a high number of MOM votes? ? We're we voting on the same match? He was absolutely crud!
Gave the ball away too easily when 50/50 balls never fought like someone his size should with 40/60s
One of the poorer players on the pitch today for me.

Sorry??? Lukaku with a high number of MOM votes? ? We're we voting on the same match? He was absolutely crud!
Gave the ball away too easily when 50/50 balls never fought like someone his size should with 40/60s

Rom had too much Christmas pud.

You're right. We're clearly not voting on the same match. I'm guessing you watched a replay of last year's Boxing Day match.

I agree with everything you say up until the second word. From then on in you were talking bs.

It's a bizarre Everton talent to make even a win feel like a loss.

Gotta go with the goalscorer on this one. Lukaku had a great first half but gave up the ball plenty in the 2nd. Howard and Barry both had solid games as well.

Praise Jesus/Allah/Ghandi/whoever that we were able to take the points today. Fully deserved and took my mood from "ffs we've deserved to win and are getting another draw that feels like a defeat" to "get in you Blues, top notch away day and a fully deserved victory!" within about three seconds. Ace.

Shame you can't neg rep anymore

Voted Barry but I think Rom had one of his best games since Southampton. The ball didn't seem to ping off him as much. should have got a shot away in the last few mins and that was the only time I screamed at him.
so nice to have a striker hitting double figures in a season consistently. we've been bereft of goalscorers for a quarter of a century!

Status
Not open for further replies.