New Everton Stadium Discussion

20200724013827.jpg

Am i right in thinking the money side of things won't get signed off until planning has officially been passed?
Also, for those of us clueless on this, does anyone know how long in general it takes or at least what the process is of turning an architects vision into a costed technical plan? Could that process continue whilst the ground works are being done or does it have to be signed off too as part of a full planning application?
I can’t answer all of your questions but during the process of Totnam’s new build, they submitted the original stadium plan and as it was being built, when Spurs wanted to make changes they submitted the new plans, all of which I think were granted? One of those new plans/changes Spurs applied and had granted, was an extra 500 seats to be added to the stadium capacity. They also later again applied for and got, even more seats added into the build.

Last edited:
I can’t answer all of your questions but during the process of Totnam’s new build, they submitted the original stadium plan and as it was being built, when Spurs wanted to make changes they submitted the new plans, all of which I think were granted? One of those new plans/changes Spurs applied and had granted, was an extra 500 seats to be added to the stadium capacity. They also later again applied for and got, even more seats added into the build.
Was there anything else other than seats?

From my learnings off here i gather that technical plans involve the true placement & costings of things like electricals, plumbing & waste etc which seems like it only started more recently. I only ask because we not long got rid of "I've never been sacked" Dan Meis & the planning documents were sent a while ago. I suppose what I'm trying to ask is do the council care about the technical design stuff once waste exits, health & safety stuff, flow of people, light pollution etc etc is agreed in outlying planning applications? Could we in theory get planning, start the ground works but still not be 100% on the very final design & therefore full financial backing won't be there until the full design is completely signed off?

From my learnings off here i gather that technical plans involve the true placement & costings of things like electricals, plumbing & waste etc which seems like it only started more recently. I only ask because we not long got rid of "I've never been sacked" Dan Meis & the planning documents were sent a while ago. I suppose what I'm trying to ask is do the council care about the technical design stuff once waste exits, health & safety stuff, flow of people, light pollution etc etc is agreed in outlying planning applications? Could we in theory get planning, start the ground works but still not be 100% on the very final design & therefore full financial backing won't be there until the full design is completely signed off?

Spurs changed many many things along the way, even the entrance to the outside of the main stand and as I said before, I think all the plans submitted got passed?
I assume as the build progressed there would have been 100's of changes'big and small but most would not needed planning permission.

I can't help you much with the financial side but I know Spurs did a lot of the ground work of demolishing buildings and digging down (the dock work in your case,) probably well over a year before the main build of the stadium started but sorry, I cannot properly remember the financial details so don't wanna guess these things?

Last edited:

I know it's not a perfect analogy, but when I built my house about 5 years ago, we made about 20 changes after it was signed off by the council and the builder, some aesthetic, some technical. Never had an issue with any of it. If I wanted to change the footprint, it may have been a different story, but I'm pretty sure every single major construction job will have things changed after approval without any dramas.

An understandable delay, I suppose. Looks like we’re fairly confident on the financing of it, too. If we weren’t I’d imagine we would’ve just put the whole stadium process on a hiatus until the economy stabilises.

The amount of.momey that will be made coming out of this 'situation' and going forward will be astronomical, unfortunately completely out of reach for us plebs. Funding won't be an issue.

There was a time where Esk would be the beacon of good news / made up news on the forum.

Witsel, Mata, Monchi. The hype was brilliant (even if it came to nothing).

The EBM lot apply normal business rules to a billionaire’s game. The problem is billionaires don’t follow normal rules. It was completely illogical for Usmanov to sell his Arsenal shares and the Esk clung to that. Usmanov did it anyway because he wanted to and he could. I mean some of the stuff they come out with is a bit embarrassing. The price of steel is different, financial institutions won’t be lending, discretionary spending has gone down etc. Do they really think billionaires let challenges like that get in the way of what they want to achieve? If Moshiri and Usmanov want to see a new stadium they’re going to get one end of.

The EBM lot apply normal business rules to a billionaire’s game. The problem is billionaires don’t follow normal rules. It was completely illogical for Usmanov to sell his Arsenal shares and the Esk clung to that. Usmanov did it anyway because he wanted to and he could. I mean some of the stuff they come out with is a bit embarrassing. The price of steel is different, financial institutions won’t be lending, discretionary spending has gone down etc. Do they really think billionaires let challenges like that get in the way of what they want to achieve? If Moshiri and Usmanov want to see a new stadium they’re going to get one end of.

100%, Moshiri and Usmanov aren’t the average businessmen.

Esk isn’t able to predict what they’ll do, just like absolutely no one expected the £30m first dibs on the stadium from USM.