New Everton Stadium Discussion

They're the worse type of fandom. Horrible if they lose, even worse if they win. We get treating like the hooligans, but if we ever get close to winning stuff again, they will escalate it further. Pathetic fanbase, desperate for recognition wherever Everton is mentioned. There must be some weird complex about being Everton B, that no manner of footballing success can compensate for.
I honestly hate autocorrect- get treated like hooligans, I meant.

Getting planning permission will allow us to include the money we have spent on the Stadium up to now in the next FFP calculation. Hopefully we get planning confirmed before the transfer window shuts.
Not so sure about that. Infrastructure/academy spends are not considered at all when it comes to FFP. (Unless the rules have changed)

Am i right in thinking the money side of things won't get signed off until planning has officially been passed?
Also, for those of us clueless on this, does anyone know how long in general it takes or at least what the process is of turning an architects vision into a costed technical plan? Could that process continue whilst the ground works are being done or does it have to be signed off too as part of a full planning application?

Costing and sizing are being worked on as we speak.

Plenty of work to be done before construction can start.

This bit

“The club will finance the overwhelming majority of development using private finance, raised from commercial sources and existing club investors.
Does that include Indirect Club Investors too? - like the sponsors of Finch Farm or that guy who paid to be first in the queue for the naming rights...whoever he was, his name escapes me just now.

“The club will finance the overwhelming majority of development using private finance, raised from commercial sources and existing club investors"

I reckon somewhere between 150 and 200 million will come from direct investment from Moshiri.

Where he gets his money from is none of my business. :coffee:

Does that include Indirect Club Investors too? - like the sponsors of Finch Farm or that guy who paid to be first in the queue for the naming rights...whoever he was, his name escapes me just now.

As the building of the stadium has nothing to do with FFP, anyone with a kind heart (and a spare few hundred million pounds,) can put the money towards the building of a new stadium. If wanted, they can fund every penny of it.

I'm sure planning approval was always around summer time to be fair. I can't imagine it would stay at the original date as soon as COVID halted the countries for three months.

This is GREAT news, just what we needed, however its the Echo so probably not true.

I think the original date was in April, that they said 16 weeks ish for approval, and it’s slipped and slipped.

The difference in this message is that it’s moved from “decision expected in....” to “approval expected in...” which is defo a good thing.

I like Esk, but he was tweeting that 7 minutes after the other one was posted

He needs to relax a bit
I've said previous that I joined GOT from The Everton Forum because on TEF the posters kept on saying this guy Esk from GOT was the real McCoy as an ITK.
So I joined here, then he removed himself but I'd decided he was poo anyway.
(Sorry for the use of all the capitals)