New Everton Stadium Discussion

The EBM lot apply normal business rules to a billionaire’s game. The problem is billionaires don’t follow normal rules. It was completely illogical for Usmanov to sell his Arsenal shares and the Esk clung to that. Usmanov did it anyway because he wanted to and he could. I mean some of the stuff they come out with is a bit embarrassing. The price of steel is different, financial institutions won’t be lending, discretionary spending has gone down etc. Do they really think billionaires let challenges like that get in the way of what they want to achieve? If Moshiri and Usmanov want to see a new stadium they’re going to get one end of.
Greater notoriety for being controversial or negative. The Simon cowell effect. No one remembers the good guys saying nice things.

Government release slogan: Build, Build, Build

Supporters of the Eff worry about planning permission

Lol
Everton chief executive officer Denise Barrett-Baxendale is listed as a key stakeholder in the City Region plan and the detailed documents explains that should the project be given the go-ahead, then it will be the single biggest private sector development in the city, with work hoping to begin on the waterfront site before the end of the year.

Prime minister Boris Johnson, last month, said the government would “build, build, build” in order to help the UK recover from the impacts of the coronavirus crisis.
:coffee:

Good news this, but frustrating that it’s slipped again. I think when application went in, in December, they initially said April. Then moved to July. Think o’keefe then said September, now looking like October.

No reflection on the club, and get that it’s Covid-related, but would like to see the council pushing this more quickly.

Getting planning permission will allow us to include the money we have spent on the Stadium up to now in the next FFP calculation. Hopefully we get planning confirmed before the transfer window shuts.

Why are Liverpool fans so concerned about our ‘imaginary’ stadium? They literally flood every tweet about it.
They're the worse type of fandom. Horrible if they lose, even worse if they win. We get treating like the hooligans, but if we ever get close to winning stuff again, they will escalate it further. Pathetic fanbase, desperate for recognition wherever Everton is mentioned. There must be some weird complex about being Everton B, that no manner of footballing success can compensate for.

Good news this, but frustrating that it’s slipped again. I think when application went in, in December, they initially said April. Then moved to July. Think o’keefe then said September, now looking like October.

No reflection on the club, and get that it’s Covid-related, but would like to see the council pushing this more quickly.

I'm sure planning approval was always around summer time to be fair. I can't imagine it would stay at the original date as soon as COVID halted the countries for three months.

This is GREAT news, just what we needed, however its the Echo so probably not true.

I can’t answer all of your questions but during the process of Totnam’s new build, they submitted the original stadium plan and as it was being built, when Spurs wanted to make changes they submitted the new plans, all of which I think were granted? One of those new plans/changes Spurs applied and had granted, was an extra 500 seats to be added to the stadium capacity. They also later again applied for and got, even more seats added into the build.
I said similar some time ago, its not unusual to get planning permission to build a big thing, then when its approved add in a few more bots that may have made it more uncomfortable to get through initial planning but once initial PP has been granted, its easy to slip in a few other less appealing bits. All looking promising #61878