New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yes probably mate. I'll try not to add to the mood of insurrection. Not that it will make any difference, but I do think we have to try and be relatively calm with the signings. There's little point in driving oneself into a mental breakdown for things that won't happen.

All the wrongs won't be fixed in 1 window.
You can't just bin and and sign whole squads in 1 window.
Not every signing is going to work out.

Aside from appointing Ancelotti it's been a very poor year. Thats quite a big aside though.
I'd like to get rid of a few first then see where we are. Otherwise you will end up with high earners just sat in the reserves. It doesn't make business sense to throw money at players like Kean and Holes if then not play them.

I agree wholeheartedly. However unlike a clubs profit and loss, sorting out a cash flow issue should be really easy if we were being bankrolled by Usmanov.

Lets be honest - no one knows why we have deferred wages.

If we had a cash flow / money issue we wouldn't have bids in for Hojbjerg & Gabriel - not the sign of a club who's potless / in financial trouble.

I agree wholeheartedly. However unlike a clubs profit and loss, sorting out a cash flow issue should be really easy if we were being bankrolled by Usmanov.

Usmanov could give us 500m tomorrow, but with how FFP is we couldn't spend a penny without breaking FFP rules.

Moshiri has given us 350m in loans so far.

Its not about cashflow, its about making the books look healthier, if only for 1 Tax year.

Usmanov could give us 500m tomorrow, but with how FFP is we couldn't spend a penny without breaking FFP rules.

Its not about cashflow, its about making the books look healthier, if only for 1 Tax year.

i read that FFP wouldn’t affect infrastructure spending and that would include the new stadium and training facilities.

FFP would kick inwhen spending on players transfer fees and wages, but I could be wrong

i read that FFP wouldn’t affect infrastructure spending and that would include the new stadium and training facilities.

FFP would kick inwhen spending on players transfer fees and wages, but I could be wrong

No you are indeed correct mate.

I don't think people were talking about the Stadium tho.

I can see why you would be confused considering the thread.

Deferring wages doesn't have an effect on the accounts. As soon as you agree to a payment it becomes a liability. You have to account for liabilities. The only positive effect deferring wages has is on your cash flow.

As for FFP UEFA are rolling the next two accounting periods in to one so clubs can cope with the financial effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

The only reason to defer wages is because we cannot afford to pay them because our income has been impacted.

FFP calculations do not include spending on your Stadium or your academy. The big caveat though is that Stadium spending is only disregarded once you have planning permission. Until we get planning permission the money we have spent on Bramley Moore will be counted as a loss for the FFP.

Deferring wages doesn't have an effect on the accounts. As soon as you agree to a payment it becomes a liability. You have to account for liabilities. The only positive effect deferring wages has is on your cash flow.

As for FFP UEFA are rolling the next two accounting periods in to one so clubs can cope with the financial effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

The only reason to defer wages is because we cannot afford to pay them because our income has been impacted.

Our income has very much been impacted tho.

We lost 5 matchday revenues plus we had to pay back all ST holders, pocket change in isolation but factor in the reducing TV payments and less revenue with regards matchday sponsorship, it soon adds up.

Plus for the last few years we have got a bridging loan around this time to cover the shortfall, so yes, our cashflow has been impacted.

We had reduced income, so we cut our outgoings for a short period so we didn't go into the red.

As for whether Usmanov is bankrolling, its unproven.

But Moshiri is defo bankrolling us and if we needed money to pay our bills I'm sure he would have given us it.

Our income has very much been impacted tho.

We lost 5 matchday revenues plus we had to pay back all ST holders, pocket change in isolation but factor in the reducing TV payments and less revenue with regards matchday sponsorship, it soon adds up.

Plus for the last few years we have got a bridging loan around this time to cover the shortfall, so yes, our cashflow has been impacted.

We had reduced income, so we cut our outgoings for a short period so we didn't go into the red.

As for whether Usmanov is bankrolling, its unproven.

But Moshiri is defo bankrolling us and if we needed money to pay our bills I'm sure he would have given us it.

Why would we take out bridging loans and pay interest if our owners could just give us the money ?

I think it would be much healthier if we faced reality and stopped relying on Usmanov potentially bailing us out. The spectre of Usmanov has raised expectations that the team has failed to live up to.

Why would we take out bridging loans and pay interest if our owners could just give us the money ?

I think it would be much healthier if we faced reality and stopped relying on Usmanov potentially bailing us out. The spectre of Usmanov has raised expectations that the team has failed to live up to.

You have me wrong, I don't think Usmanov will bail us out.

But I do think Moshiri will protect his investment.

Deferring the players wages meant we retained all our other staff, that's all that matters currently.

As far as we know Moshiri could very well have put money in to help with cash flow, he has done every year so far and we only find out when the accounts come out.

You have me wrong, I don't think Usmanov will bail us out.

But I do think Moshiri will protect his investment.

Deferring the players wages meant we retained all our other staff, that's all that matters currently.

As far as we know Moshiri could very well have put money in to help with cash flow, he has done every year so far and we only find out when the accounts come out.

can question Moshiri’s football decisions.(Being a fan doesn’t make for a wise football decision makers)

can’t question Moshiris investment. Hasn’t been shy of spending money, backing his managers.i agree I think he would protect his investment.