New Everton Stadium Discussion

How much longer do you think mate? Are they a few months behind schedule due to the pandemic

The planning committee are holding there meetings via teams (I think), it’ll require a site visit as well.

The director for planning is still on, errr, “gardening leave”, LCC has awful ICT infrastructure and is not capable of remote working, there slowly trying to bring people back into the office with 50% back in Cunard for August.

If it’s approved before back end of September I’d be really shocked

Hopefully in that case we spend a bit more this season knowing next year we'll have an additional £15-20 million or so hitting the accounts from the naming rights deal.

I imagine thats why we deferred player wages as I assume its more a creative accounting way of limiting outgoings on the books for this year in order to give us more flexibility in the market.

The deferring wages makes sense on a number of levels. As you say it helps with accountancy, and it probably won't be counted until much later than next year. It also helps with cash flow, and from a business perspective it makes sense too. There seems to be some confusion on this, which is if Moshiri takes sensible business decisions, he obviously isn't going to out any money in. I don't see that at all. If there are opportunities available we will take them.

As we have seen most summers, I think we will see some creative solutions to allow us to spend. Probably thinks that none of us could have ever thought of.

We are also going to have to get into our heads the idea it's not a regular summer. This isn't like a regular July. We dont know when the window will shut and when the new season starts. I'd try to avoid panicking. I think we will act late, act creatively and probably take advantage quite well of falling prices.

The deferring wages makes sense on a number of levels. As you say it helps with accountancy, and it probably won't be counted until much later than next year. It also helps with cash flow, and from a business perspective it makes sense too. There seems to be some confusion on this, which is if Moshiri takes sensible business decisions, he obviously isn't going to out any money in. I don't see that at all. If there are opportunities available we will take them.

As we have seen most summers, I think we will see some creative solutions to allow us to spend. Probably thinks that none of us could have ever thought of.

We are also going to have to get into our heads the idea it's not a regular summer. This isn't like a regular July. We dont know when the window will shut and when the new season starts. I'd try to avoid panicking. I think we will act late, act creatively and probably take advantage quite well of falling prices.

This place will be like the West Bank if we haven't signed at least 6 midfielders by the middle of August.

This place will be like the West Bank if we haven't signed at least 6 midfielders by the middle of August.

Yes probably mate. I'll try not to add to the mood of insurrection. Not that it will make any difference, but I do think we have to try and be relatively calm with the signings. There's little point in driving oneself into a mental breakdown for things that won't happen.

All the wrongs won't be fixed in 1 window.
You can't just bin and and sign whole squads in 1 window.
Not every signing is going to work out.

Aside from appointing Ancelotti it's been a very poor year. Thats quite a big aside though.

I was one of those who didn't like the early leaked images and didn't really fancy the idea of a brick facade. However the evolution of the design with the broader base, the Leitch detailing and the breaking up of the brickwork into pilasters does make it iconic for me.

The term "iconic" has been broadened out by the media over many years to include anything of note, whether that be architectural, musical, literary or in any other field of endeavour. I think the Meis design stands out as an atypical example of a modern stadium which respects the heritage of its surroundings.

What football stadium is it atypical of? Genuinely wondering what football stadiums respect the heritage of its surroundings because none of the new UK stadiums do whatsoever.

Of the ones near water Sunderland,Middlesbrough, Swansea and Southampton look like the arse end of B&Q.

What football stadium is it atypical of? Genuinely wondering what football stadiums respect the heritage of its surroundings because none of the new UK stadiums do whatsoever.

Of the ones near water Sunderland,Middlesbrough, Swansea and Southampton look like the arse end of B&Q.
I wasn't thinking of the waterside location, just that most stadiums are either a bowl or a rectangular block. This has a bit of both, it is quirky in that way and so it stands out from the rest.

So quiet on this. Reliable journalists were saying a decision was due this month but we don’t even have a date for the committee meeting yet. The Echo should be questioning the council on it. That is what a proper local paper would do.

Yes probably mate. I'll try not to add to the mood of insurrection. Not that it will make any difference, but I do think we have to try and be relatively calm with the signings. There's little point in driving oneself into a mental breakdown for things that won't happen.

All the wrongs won't be fixed in 1 window.
You can't just bin and and sign whole squads in 1 window.
Not every signing is going to work out.

Aside from appointing Ancelotti it's been a very poor year. Thats quite a big aside though.

Well said mate.

So quiet on this. Reliable journalists were saying a decision was due this month but we don’t even have a date for the committee meeting yet. The Echo should be questioning the council on it. That is what a proper local paper would do.

Over 7 months and not a peep whilst they are passing through jarg crap like zip wires.

If it was the darling red men it would have been signed, stamped and delivered by now.