New Everton Stadium Discussion

Sorry Mr Pedantic, of course not EVERYBODY hated it but the vocal ones hated it, it didnt get much praise at the time, put it that way.

I can’t remember anyone saying they hated it when the leaks with theEverton on the glass, can you post examples of Those posts to validate your claim ?

I can’t remember anyone saying they hated it when the leaks with theEverton on the glass, can you post examples of Those posts to validate your claim ?

I cant prove it for him, but I am 100% sure Meis said the Everton was only a place holder to show that something can be put there.

I cant prove it for him, but I am 100% sure Meis said the Everton was only a place holder to show that something can be put there.

the Everton on the glass maybe people were not keen butI knowno one who hated the overall design when they were leaked.

if he is referring to the Everton letters then maybe but the stadium images as a whole I cannot remember many if any saying they hated it

The designs are absolutely superb and without a doubt, we are getting an iconic stadium.

As a football fan, I am not arsed about "bells and whistles". I'm not hoping for an Emirates/NWHL-style stadium anyway.

Iconic to who? Its all relative isn't it. Of course it'll be 'iconic' to us and I'm sure it'll be for a few seasons for away fans to experience it but if we are still a mid table team most outside the UK wont think it will be will they? All about getting the exposure by consistently winning on the field for me which right now is definitely not a guarantee.........if results/silverware come, then it'll be up there with the most recognizable around......

Iconic to who? Its all relative isn't it. Of course it'll be 'iconic' to us and I'm sure it'll be for a few seasons for away fans to experience it but if we are still a mid table team most outside the UK wont think it will be will they? All about getting the exposure by consistently winning on the field for me which right now is definitely not a guarantee.........if results/silverware come, then it'll be up there with the most recognizable around......

Location and design have accomplished that on their own for me. We've nailed both of those.

You could argue that a stadium is only as iconic as the successful teams it's associated with though, sure.

Thats Dan Meis, a man who has been thrown off every single stadium build he's been a part of.

And it still comes as a shock to him.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

RE Usmanovs naming rights deal - say we announce a 5 year deal at £20 million a year - will we only start getting paid it from when we are actually playing in the BMD stadium or could they in essence start paying the club it now?

Essentially would be very crafty being paid naming rights for a stadium that hasnt yet even been built.

@catcherintherye