New Everton Stadium Discussion

What you spend on food and drink isn't commercial income it is match day income. The clubs commercial revenues come from advertising and partnerships.

Okay, fair enough. Whatever part of the accounts it is, it's extra money which will help the club fund the stadium be extra income.

Just a quick one to say that the atmosphere at Goodison has been tremendous recently, as loud and aggressive as I can recall for many years. I think people are realising that this eventual move is going to happen and therefore the old girl needs to go out in glorious crescendo of noise and emotion.

We are leaving a beautiful palace behind, the new gaffe has got to be out of this world to even come close

Just a quick one to say that the atmosphere at Goodison has been tremendous recently, as loud and aggressive as I can recall for many years. I think people are realising that this eventual move is going to happen and therefore the old girl needs to go out in glorious crescendo of noise and emotion.

We are leaving a beautiful palace behind, the new gaffe has got to be out of this world to even come close

Finally came over for my first match in October - Palace. Atmosphere was special. Hadn't lived up to it much of late but since the Derby, it's looked special again.

My hope is that BMD takes into consideration the distance between the fans and the pitch. I know that's been a topic for the Club in their surveys

Good info for fans. I have never been to England yet, but I have been a fan of Everton for a long time. This year my friends and I decided to visit Goodison Park. We already have tickets for the Everton Manchester United masts, which will take place on the 21st. It remains only to decide where to stay for the night and where to go after a game to rest. The guides https://worldstadia.com/goodison-park.html recommend settling at the Titanic Hotel Liverpool and going to the Brick, which are located near the stadium. What can you say about this hotel and bar, who was already here like you?
the Titanic is very expensive but maybe yoiu can afford it ? The Brick is a basic matchday boozer and will be rammed full of fans . A slightly quiter alternative would be the Taxi Club. Or just have a drink in town and get a taxi to Goodison. Enjoy your day !!

Rubbish. It can all be done, the plans are there. Basically the only footprint increase would be the land now occupied by the current pavements
They are indicative drawings. They are not professional plans prepared with all of the required due diligence. They have also been discredited as a workable solution.

The state of this tiny stand. What is with us and wanting small stands behind the goal? Just another Park End shoebox.

Also, does anyone actually want wooden seats in our new stadium?!

That image was from the first renders shown during the St Luke's presentation.

The stand was completely different on the leaked documents, had a much larger lower tier and upper tier which ran the same height as one of the main stands.

Not sure what page it's on but if anyone goes back and finds the leaked documents you'll see that the image you've posted now looks completely different

That image was from the first renders shown during the St Luke's presentation.

The stand was completely different on the leaked documents, had a much larger lower tier and upper tier which ran the same height as one of the main stands.

Not sure what page it's on but if anyone goes back and finds the leaked documents you'll see that the image you've posted now looks completely different

It does look different with a bit larger lower tier that joins the same height with the stands on the sidelines. However I think the fact that on the new leaked document these stands have smaller upper tiers (again on the sidelines) than the ones on that 1878 pic makes the end look bigger more than anything else as you don't get the massive size differential.

Screenshot_20190407-220212_Drive.jpg

They are indicative drawings. They are not professional plans prepared with all of the required due diligence. They have also been discredited as a workable solution.
By whom? By those who want the new stadium build, by those who for monetary reasons were all for Destination Kirkby?

How can Moshiri add value to his investment. The value of the Club is what it would be worth without debt minus the debt.

How? Easy; He buys in at, say £5000 per share. The new ground raises the share value. Stadium costs him personally nowt, its all on the Club. Any money he has put in would be translated into shares at his buy in price (this would be one of the conditions of taking on the debt obvs - no skin of Bills nose, hes quids in by now)
Put simply;
35,000 shares at £5000 = £175M
50,000 shares at £6000 = £300M
(Google 'the next/other fool theory)

I agree about Goodison but surely there must be an option for a ground which doesn't have such a limited plot.
Limited plot? In this thread there is a diagram showing BMD and NWHL overlapped - virtually Indentical.
The only thing that will restrict various criteria...quality of final finish and capacity will be cost, cost and the equation of perceived demand (60k / 52k) Vs cost.
This equation Vs cost is both the main driver and main restriction of the stadium build.

By anyone who knows that you need more than nice drawings to make development proposals credible.

Well yeah, you need a number of things;
The will to make it happen...We need a new ground, which is the best way to do this?
Then the money to do it...How much will it cost me? Which usually leads to...How much! ?
So, you've made the decision; New Ground.
Do I build it here or somewhere else?
Can I build it here? or is it too much mither?

Enter nice drawings that show you, yes, you probably Can build it here if I have to...but you might have to do it in stages and you cant afford 1 stage never mind 4

Get over/admit, the fact that it Can be done on site - which is the question here and now...not if it should be done, which is another
Anyway, the powers that were, aka, Bill, decided that it was all a bit beyond him - and we're now where we are today.

If for some reason it does fall over...much like my National pick...these nice plans will be dusted down, reworked and before you know it it'll be 'Commence Operation Do up The Bullens' or Moshiri will do a runner as quick as he can sell us off for aTenner to Bedsit Guy in Salford

Limited plot? In this thread there is a diagram showing BMD and NWHL overlapped - virtually Indentical.
The only thing that will restrict various criteria...quality of final finish and capacity will be cost, cost and the equation of perceived demand (60k / 52k) Vs cost.
This equation Vs cost is both the main driver and main restriction of the stadium build.

In it's N>S orientation it most certainly is a limited plot. The north stand is smaller because of the clamour for a huge home end and that cannot change unless we purchase some of Nelson Dock.

The site itself can handle higher capacities by expanding the east and west stands but even here the options seem limited due to the (seemingly) designs. Zero overhang results in seats being much further away from the pitch and as a result the views are worse. Compare Newcastle's top tier with the Top Balcony for instance. I'm not suggesting overhang to the degree we have at GP but that is, in my opinion, the best way to increase capacity if we stick with N>S.

The comparison with NWHL is below, their stadium is way longer than BMD.

DmnAYFRXoAA_o_J

In it's N>S orientation it most certainly is a limited plot. The north stand is smaller because of the clamour for a huge home end and that cannot change unless we purchase some of Nelson Dock.

The site itself can handle higher capacities by expanding the east and west stands but even here the options seem limited due to the (seemingly) designs. Zero overhang results in seats being much further away from the pitch and as a result the views are worse. Compare Newcastle's top tier with the Top Balcony for instance. I'm not suggesting overhang to the degree we have at GP but that is, in my opinion, the best way to increase capacity if we stick with N>S.

DmnAYFRXoAA_o_J

Also, they have space outside the stadium footprint for supporters to circulate. Remember at BMD we have circulation under the end stands due to lack of space and who knows what impact that may have on lower tier facilities.

DmnAYFRXoAA_o_J
'Way longer' (?) in a proportion of the length maybe, but in area? Those chords are tiny and are probably exceeded in area by the two corners.
Anyway we're getting into 'how many angels can stand on the head of a pin' territory (the correct answer is - as many as want to at any given time)
My points are a phased redevelopment is doable and that cost and demand with govern finish quality and capacity.

'Way longer' (?) in a proportion of the length maybe, but in area? Those chords are tiny and are probably exceeded in area by the two corners.
Anyway we're getting into 'how many angels can stand on the head of a pin' territory (the correct answer is - as many as want to at any given time)
My points are a phased redevelopment is doable and that cost and demand with govern finish quality and capacity.

Area isn't the issue at BMD it's the length of the plot N>S and it's clear that brings compromises to the design, though any decent architect should relish that. I'd like to know if we attempted to purchase some of Nelson and if not why not.

I actually agree with you on redevelopment but the will simply isn't there to even consider it. Had we been moving anwhere other than to docklands I'm sure there'd be stronger voices asking for justification.