New Everton Stadium Discussion

Corporate boxes and events at the ground this would include match day and non match day events and having modern up to date facilities gives us much more potential to increase the income generated from commercial activities.

It would also allow us to host non football events to as promoters would be attracted to such facilities too when choosing a venue

Boxes simply don't generate income. Modern Stadiums have done away with them. The money comes from premium seating backing on to premium lounges. Our biggest problem is that there is very little proof that there is a demand for such lounges.

One of the greatest things about the Club is that is affordable and family friendly.

Boxes simply don't generate income. Modern Stadiums have done away with them. The money comes from premium seating backing on to premium lounges. Our biggest problem is that there is very little proof that there is a demand for such lounges.

It does seem odd how little effort has been put in on this front.

The rs used marquees and the Isla Gladstone for off-site corp hospitality well before their new stand was under construction. Maximising revenue, proving demand and developing customer loyalty. Common sense stuff really.

Whatever Goodison may be lacking, it doesn't follow that we have to be entirely passive in this area until BMD is realised.

It does seem odd how little effort has been put in on this front.

The rs used marquees and the Isla Gladstone for off-site corp hospitality well before their new stand was under construction. Maximising revenue, proving demand and developing customer loyalty. Common sense stuff really.

Whatever Goodison may be lacking, it doesn't follow that we have to be entirely passive in this area until BMD is realised.

Not so long ago they were actually using our match day facilities for their home games.

So why aren't we doing the same ?

What has TV got to do with it. You stated that Commercial revenue dwarfed Matchday. You chatted nonsense.

The money we get from TV doesn't change if we stay at Goodison or blow £500m on BMD. The only way BMD makes sense is if BMD generates EXTRA income for the Club.
Which, 10,000 more punters match ticket cost not withstanding, it won't.
It's getting done because:
A) Moshiri can add value to his investment, while leaving the debt behind when he sells us on to the next mug...if he in fact can.
B) Goodison hasn't got the basic bones required to bring it into the 21st Century...you could however do it up one side at a time...but that is in conflict with 'A'

Its all about the money...Moshiri's money...and only the money.
Did I mention the money?

Just a few thoughts on the last few pages. I think we are missing the point here regarding better facilities. I think the bulk of the increase in commercial income will come from the ordinary fan. I would estimate I'll be spending about £30 today on a bite to eat and beer. I won't be spending a single penny in GP. I never do. Even if I only spend half of that on the riverside of BMD that times 20 odd games a season times 30,000 punters adds up very quickly. That is where EFC's new money will come from. It's all dependent, of course, on how well things are designed under the stands and in the fan zone. Have those facilities making money 7 days a week for non-football events of any descrption you care to think of and it's even more coin for the club.

A) Moshiri can add value to his investment, while leaving the debt behind when he sells us on to the next mug...if he in fact can.
B) Goodison hasn't got the basic bones required to bring it into the 21st Century...you could however do it up one side at a time...but that is in conflict with 'A'

Did I mention the money?

Nope, the land is not available to do that.

Good info for fans. I have never been to England yet, but I have been a fan of Everton for a long time. This year my friends and I decided to visit Goodison Park. We already have tickets for the Everton Manchester United masts, which will take place on the 21st. It remains only to decide where to stay for the night and where to go after a game to rest. The guides https://worldstadia.com/goodison-park.html recommend settling at the Titanic Hotel Liverpool and going to the Brick, which are located near the stadium. What can you say about this hotel and bar, who was already here like you?

Good info for fans. I have never been to England yet, but I have been a fan of Everton for a long time. This year my friends and I decided to visit Goodison Park. We already have tickets for the Everton Manchester United masts, which will take place on the 21st. It remains only to decide where to stay for the night and where to go after a game to rest. The guides https://worldstadia.com/goodison-park.html recommend settling at the Titanic Hotel Liverpool and going to the Brick, which are located near the stadium. What can you say about this hotel and bar, who was already here like you?

Hi mate.

Titanic is lovely but pricey and pretty isolated. I'd probably recommend a city centre hotel then get a taxi to the match, more flexibility then.

Just a few thoughts on the last few pages. I think we are missing the point here regarding better facilities. I think the bulk of the increase in commercial income will come from the ordinary fan. I would estimate I'll be spending about £30 today on a bite to eat and beer. I won't be spending a single penny in GP. I never do. Even if I only spend half of that on the riverside of BMD that times 20 odd games a season times 30,000 punters adds up very quickly. That is where EFC's new money will come from. It's all dependent, of course, on how well things are designed under the stands and in the fan zone. Have those facilities making money 7 days a week for non-football events of any descrption you care to think of and it's even more coin for the club.

What you spend on food and drink isn't commercial income it is match day income. The clubs commercial revenues come from advertising and partnerships.

Did I mention the money?

How can Moshiri add value to his investment. The value of the Club is what it would be worth without debt minus the debt.

I agree about Goodison but surely there must be an option for a ground which doesn't have such a limited plot.