New Shirt Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely are getting carried away. You would rather your club get relegated than have a gambling sponsor? Really?

There has been dodgy money in football since the Dawn of time, it is just on another level now than it ever has been but the scale of the money doesn’t impact its source
If you go back and actually read what I wrote you would see that this us not what I said. I'm really not carried away - I just have a firm moral standpoint with the things I want to be associated with - and football is currently at the very edge if that. It has become a shameful amoral pantomime of greed.

Let us all come to terms that it is going to be bad, and it will look awful on our kits. Also the kits will most likely look pretty meh as well.

Sign of where we are as a club unfortunately. We aren't going to get nice car sponsors etc offering what gambling companies will offer. Our stock is low. Bite the bullet and spend the next two years hopefully improving our stock to a level where we can get better sponsorship

Yes not Usmanov / USM invading Ukraine.

Meanwhile Boris helps push through the Saudi takeover of Newcastle because he sells the Crown Prince bombs to blow Yemen to bits with.

We are 100% a political pawn.

You are talking from somewhere unmentionable. If Putin had not invaded inviting sanctions it would not have changed.

So you are in favour of no action being taken against Putin over his special military operation. What if the thousands who have lost their lives on both sides, Thousands made homeless, the huge destruction of towns/Cities. So thw west should have just stood by ?

I don't have a moral problem with a gambling sponsor, because that ship has sailed.

I just think it looks cheap. Cazoo was a snappy e-commerce brand but we don't need anyting sexy, can't we just have like a bank or a soap or an oil filter or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.