New Main Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dortmund ;) Just much longer.

tumblr_ml0a8y1J0G1r2xls3o1_1280.jpg

In our dreams, we are taken over by a rich shiek before the season ends. Mourinho does a u turn and turns down Chelsea to become our new boss. We win the league in his first season and reach the champions league final which is held in dortmomd in 2015. The blues are given that stand as part of our allocation and the shiek is so impressed with the atmosphere he plans to build a new stadium on the banks of the Mersey, based on dortmunds stadium. Oh well we can all dream......

What council offer mate????

* Gwaldys Street school to relocate and the site offered up to the club

* the van sales is council land and the site offered to the club

* the houses there would be swapped for others owned by the council and the site offered to the club

Wouldnt need to be if all the rest was taken up to rotate and rebuild GP.

Yes I get that mate, just wondering if anything was offered on Goodison Road as well? Or if not, how feasible that would be to get land there to take out the way Goodison Road juts in towards the Park End.

Yes I get that mate, just wondering if anything was offered on Goodison Road as well? Or if not, how feasible that would be to get land there to take out the way Goodison Road juts in towards the Park End.

You could buy all the properties on Goodison Park for a million or two tops. Then you could knock them down and do whatever you want with the Main Stand. In the meantime I'd just like to see them re-roof it to get rid of the need for the 3 pillars currently holding the roof up. Not only would that reduce the number of obstructed views it would also make that stand look so much better.

* Gwaldys Street school to relocate and the site offered up to the club

* the van sales is council land and the site offered to the club

* the houses there would be swapped for others owned by the council and the site offered to the club

Would this involve total rebuild and a new ground on the same site, but with a rotated pitch?

I'll go along later with my tape measure to see!

The Bullens is the best looking stand in world football

Is right. The most recognisable and distinguishing part of the whole stadium. GP is famous for its appearance. Going forward I think the most distinguishing elements of it should be retained and that includes what's left of the Leitch designs. If we've got any money to invest on the ground then lets prioritise the Park End and the Main Stand.

Those pictures of Dortmund are fantastic and begs the question as to why flags and banners on poles are banned at PL grounds. The whole atmosphere in England stadiums needs a kick in the arse and more colour. As usual in so many walks of life, the Germans show everybody how.

Status
Not open for further replies.