New kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah... kitbag and everton decide the kit

surely as some shirts will be cheaper to manufacture than others, but each kit still retails at £50, then it would be in Kitbag and Nike's best interest to go with the cheapest design, so that their margin's are as big as possible?

surely as some shirts will be cheaper to manufacture than others, but each kit still retails at £50, then it would be in Kitbag and Nike's best interest to go with the cheapest design, so that their margin's are as big as possible?

The margins are astronomical, regardless - to the point where potential volumes are the deciding factor. It's worth using a more expensive design, relatively speaking, if it means more fans would want it.

Say it amounts to a pound or two lost per shirt for a more expensive design, which is about a 5% hit. If that design makes the shirt more than 5% more popular with fans, it makes sense to go with that.

What the hell am I talking about?

Ignore the maths in that. I'm too tired for percentages.

I think I got what you're going for. let's say they make a 30% profit on each kit due to markup, if they improve the kit so it costs 5% more to make (25% profit margin now), but sales go up 5%, the club / nike still come out ahead.

Where's the ventilation holes money Bill!

Exactly

In all seriousness, I'd just like to know exactly why our kits don't have them, I mean, is it genuinely a case of the shirt costing 2 more quid each to produce or something? We basically get the same kits as Barnsley and Charlton, they don't get vent holes on their shirts, either

Status
Not open for further replies.