New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's believed that Moshiri is funding the steelwork.
External financiers will wait till it's absolutely certain which division we'll be playing in next season - they'll want some kind of certainty over at least the short term future and the clubs ability to make the payments.
Source?

let's get this into perspective, if the funding models being looked are over a 30 year periods, the cost is only the same as the wages for say, a Tosun and a Siggurdsson. The thing being build has a value to the lender, to lend against, the filled in dock with industrial PP has a value to the lender for collateral, funding wont be a problem even if it isn't sorted/needs to be changed.

Stands to reason... no announcement of funding agreed so FM highly likely to be continuing to fund the next stage i.e. steelwork
And would you lend money to a football club right now without some assurance of where they'll be playing next season ?
Stands to reason that lenders will wait a while yet.

I don’t know mate, it doesn’t makes sense to me the Moshiri woukd fund the ground or the steel work and not have a bullet in the chamber finance wise.

If you were building a private house, your legal representative wouldn’t let you put down the foundations unless you had finance to finish. To risky,

Spoke with a financier last week who is part of a group 'trying' to get the finance in place, he says its completely reliant at this stage on staying in the PL so there won't be any progress until this has been acheived. Also said the reports of only fixing the steel price last month was 100% accurate, and he had no idea why this hadnt been agreed a long time ago.

Spoke with a financier last week who is part of a group 'trying' to get the finance in place, he says its completely reliant at this stage on staying in the PL so there won't be any progress until this has been acheived. Also said the reports of only fixing the steel price last month was 100% accurate, and he had no idea why this hadnt been agreed a long time ago.

FFS Everton.

I spoke to someone involved in the BMD project on Sunday (A die hard red) He said they have been briefed that relegation would have no bearing on the stadium build.

I spoke to someone involved in the BMD project on Sunday (A die hard red) He said they have been briefed that relegation would have no bearing on the stadium build.
I dont doubt the stadium will progress either way but the search for funding at this stage hinges on the league we will be in next season. Investors will not rush commitment for the sake of 6 weeks.

Why would it?
if we don’t get relegated this season, we could next. No one can see into the future. It will stand or fall on the fans it attracts, not what league they are in.

I dont doubt the stadium will progress either way but the search for funding at this stage hinges on the league we will be in next season. Investors will not rush commitment for the sake of 6 weeks.
Ah ok mate. I don’t get the technicalities of it all but I was pleased to hear it will go ahead regardless.

if they are worried about our premier league status why dont they stop now

Why would it?
if we don’t get relegated this season, we could next. No one can see into the future. It will stand or fall on the fans it attracts, not what league they are in.

Because the fans only provide a fraction of our income. TV and other commercial money is entirely dependent on what league we are in and is well in excess of our matchday income. This will drop dramatically if we go down and our subsequent losses could dwarf those poor results we've had to date. We are several years into the stadium project and the financial model is no clearer nor defined than it was at the beginning. We probably haven't secured that deal because we are a relative financial basket case of a club that is bottom of the FFP league for a reason. Even the owner's commitment to the project hasn't appeared to have drummed up any interest after he's paid for the first phase. If we have only just finalised the steelwork contract then at current steel costs we've probably bought high on that too. We haven't yet signed off the contract with the main contractor. If FM is taking the hit of any increased costs and it doesn't get passed onto the club.... then fair enough, but there's only so far that the viability equation can shift before it fails to balance (if it ever did).

I suppose the flip side of that would mean we could move forward on funding if our PL status is secured.

I wonder if our less than sterling board is also causing concern with potential lenders. None of those who remain inspire confidence. Apart from, in my opinion, Colin Chong, and he isn't on the board.

I assume the Everton Stadium company requires a separate board and directors but not sure of the carryover between that and the football club board.

It actually beggars belief to me that this has come as far as it has already. Need to stay up obviously and use the summer to take steps to inspire some confidence and re-assurance at all levels.

Worth bearing in mind that everton turned down really competitive terms from the Council in the past few months on a loan to fund part of the stadium build... my guess is Moshiri has a significant amount of liquidity is in no hurry to sign up to any kid of funding deal that he doesn´t see as beneficial to himself... and as such we shouldn´t worry about the lack of announcement on the funding side.