New Everton Stadium Discussion

My RS mate is still trying to convince himself that this won't happen and at some point it will all go tits up and we'll be left with a derelict site on the dock that will become a mound of rubble.
He will wake from his Slumber at some point! Cant guarantee that the delusion will pass tholollollol

My RS mate is still trying to convince himself that this won't happen and at some point it will all go tits up and we'll be left with a derelict site on the dock that will become a mound of rubble.
Lets wait until its fully built eh ?

Attachments

• imagen46858g_Panoramica-3-4-columnas.jpg
    imagen46858g_Panoramica-3-4-columnas.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 173

Valencia

They ran out of money during the build

As I understand it, they made an agreement to sell their ground, which is virtually in the city centre, to developers in the early 2000's when the Spanish economy was booming. The amount they were due to get was going to cover the cost of a new stadium, more or less. Then the crash hit and worked stopped. The figures didn't add up and still don't. There is even talk they might demolish what they have built so far. A sorry tale.

It's my understanding that stadiums are always built on a north south axis to stop the sun getting in the goalies eyes. Is that the case? Must be some exceptions somewhere, I suppose. Anybody know of any?

There's a few exceptions to the rule.... including the original design for BMD. I think Wembley, Old Trafford, Ibrox, Bramhall Lane, Hillsborough and St Andrews are all much nearer to East-West than N-S.

It's less of an issue nowadays as match-times are more varied, TV transmission is more advanced.